Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Bluff Road Art Glass Color Archive 2000-2010 (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181990)

Beadanna 2010-12-20 11:48am

6.50pm nearly here. Any time now - I'm sure. . .

alphamare 2010-12-20 11:52am

Ladies, check your inbox.

Beadanna 2010-12-20 11:56am

Thanks Alphamare! It just arrived.

GlassGalore 2010-12-20 11:59am

But awaiting the download to finish is a whole 'nother story. :pout:
ETA: I must have had a bad connection the first try because it was very fast when I retried. Thanks Kim! Can't wait to read it :) .

Hayley 2010-12-20 12:11pm

It's simply amazing! Thank you, Kim, for sharing.

gemsinbloom 2010-12-20 12:15pm

I am already working on my first design inspired by her tutorial, it is fantastic, thank you!

bluffroadglass 2010-12-20 12:23pm

Hey guys -- sorry I couldn't get to this thread sooner to let you know it was on the way; I had a lot of last-minute stuff to take care of on the technical end and I'm operating on 48 hours with NO sleep, so I'm a little crispy today.

All preorders have been sent out. I want to thank you all again for the enthusiasm -- your excitement about this really made my week, and I hope you all enjoy it and find a lot of inspiration in it. Any problems with anything, drop me an email or shoot me a PM here on LE.

Oh -- one thing I do want to mention. I am aware there are 2 blank pages in the PDF. I'm sorry about that, but they are intentional so no material is missing from your copy. I did that for formatting purposes, so that the PDF could be printed out in book form, with facing pages. I couldn't figure out how to take them out of the PDF without ruining the pagination and indexing, so use them to jot down fabulous bead ideas or something, OK? Sorry.

I need to get a little sleep, but will address any technical or other problems as soon as I wake up later.

You're all sweethearts. Thanks again so much.:love:

Beadanna 2010-12-20 12:29pm

You know Kim - I had a vision of you doing last minute tweaks. . .
You're forgiven!
Just as it arrived DH tells me dinner is ready. So I had to wait til now.

OMG it is gorgeous!

Sleep well - you deserve it. And thanks again!

beauxartz 2010-12-20 12:43pm

Thank you so much, Kim. This is an amazing retrospective; just to have all your bead designs in one place is a gift. The tech notes at the end look really helpful. Thanks again for all the effort you put into this and the sale price. Forgive us for being so antsy. Get some well deserved sleep while the rest of us wear ourselves out at the torch. Woo Hoo! \\:D/

suzanne 2010-12-20 1:13pm

downloading as we speak, this feels like unwrapping a fabulous present!

suzanne 2010-12-20 1:36pm

amazing. I am speechless! What a fantastic book of art.

Jane P 2010-12-20 1:42pm

Wow, wow, wow, . . .. . just WOW! I have skimmed through, and it is fantastic - thanks so much Kim!

artwhim 2010-12-20 1:59pm

:jawdrop: :grin: :jawdrop: :-D :jawdrop:

Yep, I've looked like ^ since it arrived! Beautiful!! Thanks Kim!

Over the Moon 2010-12-20 2:53pm

It is beautiful ~ a real treasure. Thanks so much Kim.

Diane Woodall 2010-12-20 3:04pm

Kim, it's gorgeous! I'm trying to think of words that would do it justice, but can't. Just a lot of ooooooohing and aaaaaaahing. All I can say is...WOW!

jamie lynne 2010-12-20 3:07pm

It is really breath taking! Fantastic! I can't wait to get my hard copy book that I just ordered. That will be January... but until then I have my computer. :lol: VERY inspirational.

Firebug 2010-12-20 3:15pm

I'm only about a quarter of the way through and all I can say is WOW! This is truly a feast for the eyes!! Gorgeous pictures plus glass info. Just wonderful!

Thanks so much Kim for taking the time to put this together. A wonderful way to spend the afternoon. A cup of mocha latte and awesome eye candy to drool over!

Cheers
Kathy

barbaracollins 2010-12-21 4:34am

The Color Archive is absolutely wonderful!! I am happy that I have a stash of Zimmerman Purple Rose.

Beadanna 2010-12-21 5:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaracollins (Post 3333571)
I am happy that I have a stash of Zimmerman Purple Rose.

And I am sorry I don't :lol:

Gillianbeads 2010-12-21 5:18am

Nor do I but just looking at those beauties is inspirational....Kim, it's just incredible!

Beadanna 2010-12-21 5:20am

Isn't it Gillian - Kim was always one of my favourites. Just looking at the gallery on her site would cheer me up - totally amazing.
And now this - the pictures so vibrant, the colours so amazing and the beads so, well, beautiful. . .

bluffroadglass 2010-12-21 11:28pm

Wow! Thank you all so much for the kind words and enthusiasm, and I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner to let you all know how much the feedback means to me. I'm house-and-pet sitting for some friends this week and when I'm here at their house net access is intermittent, so I've only been able to get online and answer emails, etc., at odd moments.

I'm honored that you're all so happy with the Color Archive and hope it will be the source of lots of inspiration and fun for everyone. Thanks again so, so much to all of you!

loribeads 2010-12-22 11:37am

WOW! I mean, WOW! I've only read a small portion of the Earth section so far and I am just blown away. I've already had a dozen moments of "I didn't know you could do that!" and "OMG, why didn't I ever do that?" But even more than that, it just feels incredibly luxurious to sit here with my big cup of coffee, a biscotti and see secrets revealed to some of the most stunning eye candy ever produced. Thank you, Kim.

bluffroadglass 2010-12-22 6:13pm

You're such a sweetie, Lori. Thanks for that. :)

Also wanted to let everyone know that the 4 smaller, separate volumes (Earth, Fire, Air and Water) of the Color Archive are now available for download. It took me longer than I thought to get them all formatted and there has been very little demand for the smaller versions so far, but they're up now for anyone who's interested.

glass addict 2010-12-23 10:44am

Kim,

It is amazing!! Thanks for taking the time to put it together!
Mary

merigypsy 2010-12-23 11:55am

I got it but...I am not supposed to be looking at it. I it is a christmas present from my husband. But I peeked and it is awesome! Can't wait to see it all and get all inspired!
Great job
Merilee

bluffroadglass 2010-12-23 1:59pm

Thank you, Mary!

You too, Merilee. Although peeking is naughty and I can't condone it. ;)

:love:

GinnyHampton 2010-12-24 8:06am

Your Color Archive is incredible, Kim!!! Thank you for all of the time and effort you put into this :love:

jillybead 2010-12-24 8:26am

Merry Christmas to me!!

rosemarie23 2010-12-24 8:41am

This was my Christmas present too... and I more than peeked at it! I've already made some beads inspired by it - not the same colors, nor the same patterns, but somehow inspired anyway.

Thank you!