Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sale Rack (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Handmade lampworking tools - Etsy Store Grand Opening! (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260416)

Shawn Tucker 2014-02-13 12:10pm

Handmade lampworking tools - Etsy Store Grand Opening!

My handmade lampworking tools are now available for sale on Etsy.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For free shipping, put in coupon code FREESHIP, just until the end of the month

Arrowhead Marver

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Octagonal Brass Reamer

Texture Mashers

Heavy Duty Leaf Mashers

hotglass 2014-02-13 6:50pm

Hey Shawn! Welcome!

We talked briefly at the Tucson Bead Show. Gonna add the base?

- Alpha

Shawn Tucker 2014-02-14 8:46am

Yah, there will be an optional brass base much like you saw at Tucson. It will be an additonal $10 but won't add much to shipping.

The connection piece that you see in the photo above is already included and can be used to attach to a workstation you've already got.

queenofswords 2014-02-14 9:29pm

Shawn, so glad you are going public with your tools. I love the ones I have bought from you at Glass stock ( Leaf masher and texture tool). Question about the arrowhead. What do you attach it to? I don't expect shipping to canada could be free. Can you give me and idea on that cost? I actually have a washington address i could send it to but then have to drive 5 hours to get it. By the way all the help you gave me on my connections has REALLY helped. Can't thank you enough
Donna Brayshaw

friskebaer 2014-02-15 8:26am

Hi Shawn - do you have any other pictures of leaves made with the leaf masher? It's hard to tell how deeply veined the press is with the picture in the listing.
Jenny

chevygirl70 2014-02-15 6:46pm

Hey Shawn -is there any real difference, like say, "gap" between the ability of either pair of leaf mashers or can both leaf masher plates actually meet/press any thickness of glass so there's no gap between the leaf plates? (sorry, having trouble expressing what I'm trying to ask - forgive me, two brain surgeries has my wording a little scrambled).

szglassy 2014-02-16 8:19am

Love the textured marker!!

Shawn Tucker 2014-02-21 12:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by queenofswords (Post 4533382)
Shawn, so glad you are going public with your tools. I love the ones I have bought from you at Glass stock ( Leaf masher and texture tool). Question about the arrowhead. What do you attach it to? I don't expect shipping to canada could be free. Can you give me and idea on that cost? I actually have a washington address i could send it to but then have to drive 5 hours to get it. By the way all the help you gave me on my connections has REALLY helped. Can't thank you enough

Thanks and you're very welcome for the help, Donna!

The arrowhead marver comes with an attachment mount. You can attach it to any base (a block of wood, metal, or directly to your worktable). I'll be providing a version that comes with a base shortly, but it will add about $10 to the price. I suggest mounting it directly below your torch. You can then slide it out of the base mount for any handheld paddle work you might want to do, and then back in for anything you'd otherwise need three hands to do.

Right now I only have shipping set up to the US, but I'll be happy to look up shipping to anywhere in the world and make a special listing for you. I recommend priority mail - the small flat rate box will fit it nicely. Donna, I wouldn't want you to have to drive that far unless you were coming down to Washington anyhow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by friskebaer (Post 4533555)
Hi Shawn - do you have any other pictures of leaves made with the leaf masher? It's hard to tell how deeply veined the press is with the picture in the listing.
Jenny

I'll try to get a few more photos. That's a great suggestion. But to answer your implied question, YES this leaf masher makes more deeply veined leaves than many of the others I've seen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevygirl70 (Post 4533971)
Hey Shawn -is there any real difference, like say, "gap" between the ability of either pair of leaf mashers or can both leaf masher plates actually meet/press any thickness of glass so there's no gap between the leaf plates? (sorry, having trouble expressing what I'm trying to ask - forgive me, two brain surgeries has my wording a little scrambled).

No, I think I know what you are asking. There are actually two versions of the leaf mashers. One is the needle nosed pliers. That one is best if you only plan on making thin leaves. If you think you might want BOTH thick and thin leaves, then go with the other set - it can be set to EITHER meet for thin delicate leaves OR press a thicker leaf and remain parallel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by szglassy (Post 4534242)
Love the textured marker!!

That's one of my favorite tools, too.

deb c 2014-04-08 5:21am

Hey Shawn, I am so happy to see you selling on Etsy now! Your tools are fabulous, been using his tools for many years and they are still like new! If I didn't already have them all I would buy more, quality handmade tools like this are hard to find these days, love them!
Big hugs from Pittsburgh, xoxo deb

bexrox 2014-04-21 1:18am

I also got your leaf mashers and texture mashers at GSW. They're both fantastic, and I use them regularly. Thanks!

Shawn Tucker 2014-04-22 10:54am

Thanks for the plugs, Becky & Deb!

For international and Canadian customers, just convo me and we'll work something out.

I added a new tool to the lineup a couple of weeks ago - its a brass push, used to make holes through a pendant or a vessel. Here's what it looks like:

And here's the finished product:

More new tools coming soon!

Shawn Tucker 2014-04-28 9:54am

A couple of new tools out of graphite...

A new graphite reamer that is a little bigger than the brass one:

And a smaller graphite push tool.

Still have the free shipping on anything in the shop until the end of the month - just a couple of days more!

PennyLane 2014-04-28 10:48am

Received the brass reamer a few days ago, love it.

Shawn Tucker 2014-04-28 8:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PennyLane (Post 4580385)
Received the brass reamer a few days ago, love it.

Cathy: Thanks for your patience while we got in better brass. Glad you like it!

pittypat 2014-04-29 12:04am

You sucked me in with Free Shipping!! Cannot wait to play with your (my) new tools.
Would love to see a video of you using the multi doodad!

Shawn Tucker 2014-05-04 5:16pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by friskebaer (Post 4533555)
Jenny

Hi Jenny. Sorry, I finally did get around to taking another photo with the leaf masher. Perhaps this will show you better that the veining is much deeper than most mashers on the market.

Shawn Tucker 2014-05-04 5:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittypat (Post 4580840)
You sucked me in with Free Shipping!! Cannot wait to play with your (my) new tools.
Would love to see a video of you using the multi doodad!

No videos yet, sorry. But the April edition of Soda Lime Times has a tutorial on how to use it!

pittypat 2014-05-08 1:26pm

Hi Shawn, I did read over Hannah's tut again. Yes, it does indeed help to see how she used it. Thanks.

Maui Greenstone 2014-05-17 9:30pm

Sean, I need fin mashers can you hook me up? I have a pair made by a deceased tool maker that I would like to replicate in a couple different sizes