Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Encased Floral Panels (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102243)

Ashtonjewels 2008-08-24 10:23pm

Encased Floral Panels

Finally done with this one and you can preview the tutorial here.
In this tutorial, you'll learn to make one of my "Enchanted Hydrangea" beads using my Encased Floral Panel technique.

"Enchanted Hydrangea"

Thanks you guys!! Hope you enjoy it!!

Laurie L 2008-08-24 10:31pm

I love your style so much Lydia !!! Off to check your tutorial out.

Carmen Isaacs 2008-08-24 10:31pm

Bought mine YAY! I can't wait to get it.

Troll Lover 2008-08-24 10:51pm

Bought mine as well!

Celtic Echo Designs 2008-08-24 10:56pm

I got one too! I soooo loved the first two!

Thanks!

~Triscia

Miriam 2008-08-24 11:51pm

Thank you Lydia, this tutorial is looking great. I can't wait to sit a the torch and try to use your technique.

Ashtonjewels 2008-08-25 5:25am

Thanks you guys!! Hope you enjoy it!

playswithfire104 2008-08-25 6:51am

Oh boy! What a wonderful thing to find 1st thing in the morning! Ordered mine!

Rose Leslie 2008-08-25 7:42am

I bought one also. Love your beads. They are beautiful.

Troll Lover 2008-08-25 7:54am

I so very much hoped you would do this Lydia... And I totally LOVE your tutorial, it's awesome!

Tink 2008-08-25 8:02am

I'm not a floral kind of grrl, but hot diggity that is purty!

playswithfire104 2008-08-25 8:17am

Tink I always said "I don't care to make florals. There are so many glass artists that make florals I don't need to be another one." Guess how many floral tutorials I bought! :-\" Oh well, now there is another glass artist making florals!

lilacwind 2008-08-25 9:40am

Gosh...I love your work. Just oredred the tutorial...Thanks for sharing!
Mimi
www.Lilacwindlampworkbeads.com

josielv 2008-08-25 9:47am

I have wanted this one!! Thank you Lydia!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicker 2008-08-25 9:49am

YIPPEEEEE!!! I cannot wait to get this. I am away for glass stock but will buy it as soon as I get home!!!

ROC 2008-08-25 10:17am

Whoo hoo! Got mine ordered too. Lydia, thanks so much for doing this. My beads will never be to the quality of yours since I'm just not that patient! Yours are abolutely spectacular and it's so good of you to share the techniques with us.

Over the Moon 2008-08-25 10:24am

Ditto what she said! :wink::happy:

Ashtonjewels 2008-08-25 10:46am

Thank you all SO much for the wonderful compliments and feedback!! It thrills me to so much excitement expressed for this tut. I'm totally honored, and I can't wait to see what some of you do with it!!

swamper 2008-08-25 11:15am

Woohoo - got it at work and can't wait for time at the torch. You rock.

Pat 2008-08-25 11:15am

Even tho I haven't perfected the first one, I just oredered this baby. thanks Chicky.

Bubbyanne 2008-08-25 1:23pm

Lydia,
Thank you so much for sharing your bead techniques, your work amazes me but I've told you that before. :wink:
A lot of times I can look at a bead and have an idea of how it's constructed and guess at which colors were used but that hasn't been the case with your beads. For months now, I've been completely baffled by your beads. I've studied your gallery images very closely trying to work out in my head how they were put together. I know how to make encased florals so I had some basic ideas but your color use had totally stumped me. I didn't know where to begin. Having just bought the tutorial and finding out what you used surprised me. They were colors I had never even considered and you've given me a new way of looking at how to lay down flowers and use layers of color. So cool! :cool: I hope I can one day make beads as lovely as you do but in my own way. :)
Thanks again, I learned a lot.
:D

Corey 2008-08-25 2:03pm

Oh yay. Off to go get it.

Ashtonjewels 2008-08-25 5:31pm

Linda, Pat, Bubby, and Corey, Thank you!

Bubby, it's my pleasure and thank you so much for the compliments! I'm both flattered and touched beyond words. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the tutorial so much. I hope that you continue to find it inspiring.

I can't wait to see what you all do with the design!!

Jane P 2008-08-25 6:20pm

Thanks so much Lydia - I have just ordered mine!

WildatHeart 2008-08-25 9:38pm

My first attempt is in the kiln! I had to substitute two base colors, so will see how it works out. Definitely isn't going to have the nice clean crisp look that Lydia's do, but I think at least a person will be able to tell what it was supposed to look like. :-)

Will post a pic tomorrow.

Thanks again, Lydia!!

Beth

Ashtonjewels 2008-08-26 5:16am

Thank you Jane!

Beth, I can't wait to see it! As for the change in base glass, don't sweat it. I have made so many beads using this technique and nearly all of them use a different combination of transparents and opaques. Finding those combinations has been one of the most fun parts about making this style of bead.

Miriam 2008-08-26 5:45am

My first try is also in the kiln. I have so much respect for you Lydia, it is so hard and long work to make such a bead, let alone develop this style with a lot of trail an error and a lot of wasted glass. I hope the result from the kiln tomorrow will resemble a bit your bead.

Ashtonjewels 2008-08-26 7:18am

Thank you Miriam! Based on your work from the first tutorial, I have no doubt that your bead will turn out beautifully. I can't wait to see it! :smile:

suzanne 2008-08-26 8:08am

These are my first trial beads. Not half as pretty as yours but so much fun to make! Thank you for sharing your wonderfull skills:)

Have a great day,

Suzanne

bbnana 2008-08-26 8:42am

WoW! Suzanne those are pretty awesome!

Lydia, I have been an admirer of your art beads for a long time (years!!). In fact, it was your unbeliveably awesome galleries on BeadArtists that inspired me to want to start lampworking. I've only been at the torch for 2 months, but I do hope to develop the skills to try your tutorials. Your style of art beads is very unique and I haven't come across any other art beads that captivate me as yours do. No matter how many times I look at them, I am always awestruck.
I can't wait to see what everyone else does.
Tee