Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beads of Courage (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Beads of Courage Gallery (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152174)

NLC Beads 2010-01-25 6:45pm

Beads of Courage Gallery

5 Attachment(s)
I'm starting this as a spot for everyone to share beads they've sent to Beads of Courage, for inspiration. I'm hoping for it to be just a Gallery thread, not chit-chat so we can all just enjoy. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's work and sharing ideas visually. :love:

jeepinwelch 2010-01-25 9:02pm

What a neat idea. I typically don't take pictures before I mail them but here are a few.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RSimmons 2010-01-26 10:41am

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some batches of my own butterflies that I've sent in. The middle batch was wire wrapped before it went out.
Robert

spudly 2010-01-26 11:45am

Beautiful butterflies!

Robert, those are gorgeous butterflies!!! Is that butterfly cane? It is awesome! I need a tutorial on that!!!! Pleeeease!

Love it! =D>

Lena :wave:

RSimmons 2010-01-26 12:10pm

The orange and pink butterflies are my own butterfly cane. Those are a bit complicated, though Loren Stump teaches a good class in making them. The others are copper enamel butterflies. There will be a tutorial on those in the next issue of The Bead Release.

Robert

Very Glassy 2010-01-28 5:26pm

My first - but not last - donation

266 and more to come!

RSimmons 2010-01-29 6:41am

The big batch is from one of our Southern Flames BeadaThons and the little white holiday beads are a batch that I made last year.

Robert

theglasszone 2010-01-29 12:59pm

Wow, such wonderful work you guys! I sent my first donation right before Christmas; I received a wonderful Certificate for my small contribution - it wasn't much, but the acknowledgment brought tears to my eyes! :)

I am so hopeful that these little fellas went to the kids in time for the holidays - and hopefully, brought smiles and courage to their darling little faces:

I especially LOVE everyone's work with the Butterflies!

De

Lea Zinke 2010-01-29 3:19pm

You guys are sooooo smart, I didn't even think to take a picture of the ones I sent! This year I will, promise!

Reenie 2010-01-30 12:03pm

This was my last donation. Trying to make some butterflies this time. Hoping I can succeed!!

RSimmons 2010-01-30 1:39pm

Wow! That's a bunch o' beads! Thank you!

Robert

Reenie 2010-01-30 2:08pm

lol...I think there was about 2,000 beads in that batch. It's amazing how many beads we create that we have in boxes. I was pretty shocked at it all. I have another shoebox full but haven't had time to go through them yet. I hope the kids like them.

RSimmons 2010-02-03 7:39am

These are the first two of a batch of special request sock monkey beads.

Robert

theglasszone 2010-02-03 2:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSimmons (Post 2871494)

Robert

IRENE!!! I'm blown away...how amazing...and how generous! You are an angel!

And Robert - those sock monkey beads are just too cute! I love sock monkeys! :)

NLC Beads 2010-02-03 5:52pm

2 Attachment(s)
Fun sock monkeys, and I'm totally blown away by Reenie again! :D

Here's my January efforts, being packed up to send in tonight... Butterflies are primarily 96 veiled cane, love it for them. :)

PaulaP 2010-02-07 8:58pm

Bunnies are hopping to BOC kids

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a newbie when I found this thread I new I wanted to be a part of it. This is my first contribution to BOC but it want be my last:waving:

Reenie 2010-02-07 10:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulaP (Post 2879869)
I'm a newbie when I found this thread I new I wanted to be a part of it. This is my first contribution to BOC but it want be my last:waving:

OMG those are adorable. The kids are going to love those!!!!!

Reenie 2010-02-07 10:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLC Beads (Post 2872764)
Fun sock monkeys, and I'm totally blown away by Reenie again! :D

Here's my January efforts, being packed up to send in tonight... Butterflies are primarily 96 veiled cane, love it for them. :)

Those are awesome butterflies! My wings are always to thin and just break. Same with my flower petals...PPP

Reenie 2010-02-07 10:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSimmons (Post 2871494)

Robert

OKay...just what I imagined in my head lol.
Those are great. What talent!

tikiterri 2010-02-07 11:33pm

Here are a couple that I did for beads of courage.

artsyuno 2010-02-18 12:18am

Going out tomorrow...

Fran 2010-02-18 9:20am

Wow, great beads everyone! Felicia, I love the way you did your butterflies. Here's some I made for a local mom and her 18 month old daughter.

LoriGreenberg 2010-02-18 10:43am

Just. Wow.

Great butterflies and whimsy beads!!

artsyuno 2010-02-18 11:39am

Thanks, Fran. I adore your tree bead and I keep thinking about how clever it was to do your bunny with the ears "drawn on," instead of protruding, so that the bead will be sturdy.

Fran 2010-02-18 7:04pm

Thanks Felicia. LOL I was thinking the same thing about your butterflies, they would be sturdy too. The butterflies would be great on a heart-shaped base bead. :love:

artwhim 2010-02-18 10:45pm

These went in the mail Wed.

I had fun adding Jodie McDougall's (Glasswhimz) murrini to the purple hearts.

I make the sculptural butterflies out of boro, but decided to come up with a soft glass design for when I don't want to switch. I really think it takes as long to make one of these as a boro one because there are so many layers of dots.:???: They may be more wearable though.

artsyuno 2010-02-18 11:07pm

Love that last one!

RSimmons 2010-02-19 7:20am

That's a very nice butterfly, Kathy. I like the faces on the hearts, too. I hadn't thought of that and have a ton of my own face cane in the studio.

Robert

ThatFritGirl 2010-02-19 9:08pm

4 Attachment(s)
Here's the batch of test beads that I sent off in December that started my frit BOC challenge...

Elizabeth Beads 2010-02-19 11:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reenie (Post 2864970)
lol...I think there was about 2,000 beads in that batch. It's amazing how many beads we create that we have in boxes. I was pretty shocked at it all. I have another shoebox full but haven't had time to go through them yet. I hope the kids like them.

I seriously think those beads multiply in the night. I keep finding boxes of them stashed away that I had forgotten about.

Great job Irene and everyone.

I individually zip-loc bagged about 25 red, purple and pink hearts with raised flowers. I should have taken a picture first. I'll take a picture of the box. :)

Planning to get it mailed tomorrow!