Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   March 14 Florida Glass Dragons In North Florida (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123861)

Dasi 2009-03-05 12:02pm

March 14 Florida Glass Dragons In North Florida

Florida Glass Dragons is having a North Florida meeting on March 14! The board meeting will be at 11:30. Then at 12:30 the demo's will begin.... Glass, Glass and more glass..... Plus, ISGB Gathering talk since it will be in Florida!
At 3 we will be moving to lucid visions studio for more glass demo's.

Anyone that wants to attend is welcome. The meeting will be at Heather Ferman's studio in Jacksonville Fl.
PM me for the address.

Trey Cornette 2009-03-05 5:16pm

Man, I so miss hanging out with the Florida Glass Dragons.

Hels 2009-03-05 10:41pm

Yay!! I'll spend the weekend if you'll feed me:).

Dasi 2009-03-06 6:12am

Yep.... Can't wait.

Dasi 2009-03-12 5:36pm

Bump

beadgirl 2009-03-13 2:32pm

Yeah....Can't wait to see you all! MarieAnn

Mr. Smiley 2009-03-14 7:59am

Can't make it... sorry guys. Last minute family stuff. Have fun! :love:

beadgirl 2009-03-15 8:14pm

Sorry to miss you this meeting Brent and Shawnette,
Being new and not much of a joiner ...Count me in. It was very worth the 4 hour drive. Wow! What a great meeting! I had no idea that many sharing and talented people there are in Florida. 30 people total from the Gem & Lapidary Club, lampworkers: soft and boro, sculpture peeps, PMC, and jewelry designers. The meeting was kicked off with lots of information given my Susan, Glenda, Mary and Heather. Bead of Courage, and great info on the Miami ISGB Gathering was shared by all.
Helen S " Hels" spoke about the bead release project for the Gathering in Miami. Send her beads now, get someone else interested. Remember that first bead that attacted and called to you?
Heather demoed a new must have tool the Baz Box Vacume table that holds foil in place and made a silvered bead, Susan did a demos for us at the same time with such precise detail and so tiny! It was really interesting to watch and learn from them Mary and Glenda shared tips this is a busy group of people with a serious Vision.
Heather arranged a demo at LucidVisions GlassArt . We were able to watch Josh and Lance work their magic making boro dragons and sea creatures, truly amazing. Now I have seen a glass dance, no really. I thought bridges were to drive across not hold things in place. And we all left with boro glass tubes!!
Thank you so much Heather for hosting and opening your home & studio for us. Sorry if I left out info out but it was glass heaven!
MarieAnn

Hels 2009-03-17 8:35am

MarieAnn, what a great summary of the day!!!

We had a blast, and it was PACKED at Heather's house. I didn't count the actual number, but it was around 30 people there. Fun fun:).