Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Website help and critique (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   New banner for website/business cards (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242036)

demcc2 2013-03-19 4:50am

New banner for website/business cards

Hi everyone. I think what I'm looking for would be called a banner. My current website one is just a picture of miscellaneous beads. My current business cards have a picture of a string of assorted colored spacers at the top (thrown together for last year's gathering exchange lol).

If you can do this or know someone who can please pm me

Thanks in advance

Duane

caliente 2013-03-19 4:59am

Hey Duane,

I had good luck with a logo contest online. I've been working outside the contest with that same designer for businpness cards, banners, web design. The contest site was 48hourlogo.com. If you're interested in my desiner's info, shoot me a pm and I will put you two in touch. He's quite reasonably priced.

Cosmo 2013-03-22 7:18am

I could go on and on about how bad spec work is for the graphic design industry, and the risks you run letting just any person off the street "design" something for you. But, I'll just say this - you get what you pay for. If you want professional design work, hire a professional.

bepnewt 2013-03-22 9:48am

Yip.

And make sure you get all .PSD, .AI, vector, etc. files related to your work so when your logo/banner person disappears, you have the original files to continue with instead of having to recreate them from a flattened raster image.

-BEP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmo (Post 4274513)
I could go on and on about how bad spec work is for the graphic design industry, and the risks you run letting just any person off the street "design" something for you. But, I'll just say this - you get what you pay for. If you want professional design work, hire a professional.

demcc2 2013-03-24 5:44pm

Hi everyone, thanks for your suggestions. I've found someone where I work that will do the job I want.

I'm quite sure most professionals and "anyone off the street" can get the job done in a timely manner and not slack off and forget about the task at hand.

have a good evening

Duane

toothpayne 2013-05-26 3:45pm

Brian, The agency we use for marketing is swamped. I need some simple monthly banner switch out for TMP and LE. Any advice?

Thanks,

Robert

bepnewt 2013-05-28 7:15am

Do you need new banners designed or do you already have the designs figured out and just need someone to create them for you? The former will require a graphic designer, while the latter requires someone savvy with PhotoShop, Illustrator, or their equivalent.

-BEP

Quote:

Originally Posted by toothpayne (Post 4325387)
Brian, The agency we use for marketing is swamped. I need some simple monthly banner switch out for TMP and LE. Any advice?