Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Maine/NE Area 'MLK-Weekend Glass Jam' - Jan. 17-18-19 (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258089)

Playing with Fire! 2014-01-03 12:00pm

Maine/NE Area 'MLK-Weekend Glass Jam' - Jan. 17-18-19

'MLK-Weekend Glass Jam'

Jan. 17-18-19, 2014 ---- Playing with Fire! - Rockland, Maine

Starting at 5:30pm Friday... then from 9am 'til we drop on Saturday night, then we do it again on Sunday. :-D Come for just one day, or all days. $20 Friday night; $40/day on Sat & Sun = torch time, friends, food, networking, sharing of new techniques/products, door prizes, and whatever else you can think of!

We have eleven torch stations and a variety of torches. Torching, sharing, networking... Bring techniques, questions, show and tell... Bring your latest book/magazine, new glass... to share... request a demo, do a demo... if we're 11+ we take turns at the torch throughout the day/night... we do, we learn, we watch, we visit, we have a great time! It's always a friendly mix of veterans and newbies. Any level of glass working experience welcome... and a good time with all!

Bring your flameworking glasses, and any glass or tools that you'll want to work with. Glass for sale also. We have studio tools that you're welcome to use. Bring your own torch if you wish (if you have quick-connects; if not, just let us know, and we can probably accommodate). Bring questions and techniques to share.
~~ And if you'd like: bring something/anything to add to the door-prize pile. :)

POT LUCK, both days! ...please, and thank you! Bring your favorite dishes to share! We'll make some sort of soup or chili! We'll provide coffee, teas, water (we have a water cooler, please bring your refillable water bottle, thank you!) We have a gas grill on the deck, and a kitchen with range and microwave for cooking and reheating. Get the ball rolling, and post your RSVPs (and your pot luck contribution plans) here in this thread! :grin:

Please RSVP here in this thread… or hotglass@midcoast.com or 207-594-7805
*RSVPs most appreciated, but if you find that you can make it at the last minute, please do.*

Accommodations: The Old Granite Inn , just a few doors down the street, offers a year-round 20% off Playing with Fire! rate to our students/guests----group/s share/s with the larger suite/s is possible. (room-shares may be coordinated here in this thread, or by PM too.) See listings for additional accommodations at http://www.therealmaine.com

Ed & Virginia
Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery
497 Main Street * Rockland, ME 04841
Studio/Hotshop at lower level/harborside www.playingwithfireglassworks.com

Sue in Maine 2014-01-06 11:34am

I am bummed... I can't make it. I signed up for a quilted sweatshirt class on Jan. 25th and they changed the date to Jan. 18th.

As much as I want to come on Sunday, Suzanne is using my car to visit her family in Mass (as she missed Christmas due to weather) so I'm going to have her unregistered car with bald tires. And... if the weather looks bad that weekend, I may have to cancel her trip to keep my car for myself so I can make the Saturday class. If I have to do that, I might just be a last minute show up without RSVP on Sunday. I won't know till then though.

I will miss everyone.

Sue

LemonwoodStudio 2014-01-08 4:42am

Have fun … wish I could join you!! Hope to see you this summer!

Playing with Fire! 2014-01-08 8:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue in Maine (Post 4501660)
I am bummed... I can't make it. I signed up for a quilted sweatshirt class on Jan. 25th and they changed the date to Jan. 18th.

As much as I want to come on Sunday, Suzanne is using my car to visit her family in Mass (as she missed Christmas due to weather) so I'm going to have her unregistered car with bald tires. And... if the weather looks bad that weekend, I may have to cancel her trip to keep my car for myself so I can make the Saturday class. If I have to do that, I might just be a last minute show up without RSVP on Sunday. I won't know till then though.

I will miss everyone.

Sue

Check with Margaret, she wrote that she's coming, but I'm not sure what day/s, and I'm thinking you could ride together. Hoping you can make it.

Playing with Fire! 2014-01-08 8:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonwoodStudio (Post 4503117)
Have fun … wish I could join you!! Hope to see you this summer!

Amanda, we wish could be here, too. We'll look forward to seeing you this summer.

debgay 2014-01-08 5:18pm

I'm coming on Saturday with some tools I just got to play with. Looking forward to it. I will have to think what to bring to eat. I will also bring door prizes. I better make a list.

wkndralice 2014-01-11 8:05am

Can't wait to see everyone! Will truly miss you, Sue... Hope you can make it on Sun. with your quilted sweatshirt on!
Will bring food, cole slaw and cranberries again or something different? Probably will bring pottery for door pile ;)

Sue in Maine 2014-01-12 6:58am

I'm catching a ride on Saturday to the quilted sweatshirt class...

Since her car has bald tired and is uninspected, plus the bumper is now duct taped on (!!!), I won't dare the car on Sunday to come down.

Hugs to all,

Sue

pamw@sacoriver.net 2014-01-15 5:02pm

Dear Sue,

I am very sorry that you will not be going this weekend. I have some really cool fire starters to give you. I have some really neat door prizes. AND.... you will not be able to play with the zoozie(sp?) bubble press...

You also will not be able to eat the wonderful food or give away my glass or sleep with me. So sorry...

Pam

Sue in Maine 2014-01-15 8:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamw@sacoriver.net (Post 4509686)
Dear Sue,

I am very sorry that you will not be going this weekend. I have some really cool fire starters to give you. I have some really neat door prizes. AND.... you will not be able to play with the zoozie(sp?) bubble press...

You also will not be able to eat the wonderful food or give away my glass or sleep with me. So sorry...

Pam

Pam,

Yep, my life sucks right now... How did the kids firestarter sales go at your craft fair? Will they make their trip?

Please post pictures of the bubble press beads.

Sue

SilverReflections 2014-01-17 12:54pm

I'll be down on Saturday, yay! I'll bring some enameling stuff too. We will miss you Sue!!!!!

Tina

Playing with Fire! 2014-01-17 8:33pm

Woohoo, Tina! see you soon!

lunamoonshadow 2014-01-18 9:25am

Damn it Sue, do i have to come get you sunday morning?

Playing with Fire! 2014-01-19 7:16am

\
Quote:

Originally Posted by lunamoonshadow (Post 4511512)
Damn it Sue, do i have to come get you sunday morning?

:lol: Yup!

Sue in Maine 2014-01-19 7:29am

I have the bested of the bestest of friends. Someone (Lyn???) is coming from Rockland to drag my sorry car-less butt to the glass jam. I just looked out the window and we have light snow going on here. I have no idea if it's supposed to amount to much... my guilt-meter is kicking in! Off to call Lyn.

Sue

demcc2 2014-01-19 7:34am

I was almost going to drive up this morning too...but after waking up at 8:15 and fixing breakfast I reallized the commute vs. The time spent up there and commute back couldn't be justified :-( When I drive that long I need more time spent on the "visitation" side. Oh well maybe next time! I'll stay home pouting, waiting for Sue's pictures......unless someone sets up a live feed lol

Duane

jaci 2014-01-19 9:07am

Hope you are all having fun this weekend! I have to work all weekend or I would drive up!!!... ;/

abeadgal 2014-01-19 3:38pm

Sorry to have missed you! Had a great weekend but still missed my glass buddies. Hope to see you all soon!

Sue in Maine 2014-01-19 6:37pm

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showth...84#post4512584

:love::love::love::love::love:

Sue