Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Customer Service Kiosk (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Gail Joseph, aka GGglass needs to.... (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257671)

istandalone24/7 2013-12-27 6:44am

Gail Joseph, aka GGglass needs to....

...either start stocking that lauscha tubing that her LE add shows, or update the damn add!

just a minor pet peeve.....teasing us with soft glass tubing like that :(

PattyK 2013-12-27 8:14am

Have you asked her about it? What did she say?

JavaGirlBT 2013-12-27 9:08am

That's a picture of her veiled cane, not tubing.

PaulaD 2013-12-27 9:44am

Lauscha tubing is expensive, a bear to import with a lot of breakage, and they suggest entirely different torches than what we use to work it.

JavaGirlBT 2013-12-27 10:02am

People who call out vendors for something they're completely wrong about is one of my pet peeves. :(

demcc2 2013-12-27 10:42am

I was going to say something about me supposedly "being whiney" but that would be stirring the pot too much. So, instead, I'll stick with this:

Thank-you, Ellen! :D

Duane

Gail Joseph 2013-12-27 11:11am

OMG, I'm speechless.

demcc2 2013-12-27 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gail Joseph (Post 4493381)
OMG, I'm speechless.

I know, right? At least your name should be spelled correctly!

Duane

Little Lilypad 2013-12-27 11:27am

WOW, just WOW.

Lorraine Chandler 2013-12-27 11:32am

Gail has been a member of this forum since the year it started I think it was 05' and has been a great member. She deserves respect. Your post was disrespectful on several levels and you owe her an apology. JMHO

Lyssa 2013-12-27 11:53am

It's always looked like veiled cane to me.

eregel 2013-12-27 11:55am

Seriously, dude, that's not tubing... it's veiled cane!

I can't imagine working with soft glass tubing... hearing how much difficulty people have making glaskolben (sp?) I can't visualize being able to manage the heat with a 104 tube.

JetAge Studio 2013-12-27 11:56am

Oh MYYY!

I'm just curious, why the assumption it was a Lauscha product in the ad?

demcc2 2013-12-27 12:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetAge Studio (Post 4493425)
Oh MYYY!

I'm just curious, why the assumption it was a Lauscha product in the ad?

....misinformed, maybe? It totally looks like veiled cane to me!

Duane

JetAge Studio 2013-12-27 12:17pm

Gail's cane is really gorgeous, by the way :)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Angie09 2013-12-27 1:03pm

Gail is one of the BEST venders the glass community has! If istandalone would have called her, she certainly could have set the record straight. Recently an order of mine got misplaced and once she realized she sent me a package with so many extra goodies I couldn't believe it. Apologies go a long way.

JavaGirlBT 2013-12-27 1:35pm

Oh and by the way, it's an AD, not an ADD.

Another pet peeve.

NLC Beads 2013-12-27 1:57pm

*facepalm*

Gail's glass is amazing - I was playing with it last night.

Her ad lists exactly what the picture shows, I'm not sure why the confusion?

demcc2 2013-12-27 3:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetAge Studio (Post 4493442)
Gail's cane is really gorgeous, by the way :)

Yup, uh-huh, these are tubes....<snort> Ummmm...NOT

Duane

Btw, Renee, gorgeous pics of gorgeous glass!

AmorphousDesigns 2013-12-27 3:16pm

I can understand his confusion just looking at the picture, but the ad lists cane, not tube and to call her out publicly on the forum without even contacting her was not nice at all.

Gail Joseph 2013-12-27 3:41pm

Ironically, my new ad was just finished today, with a photo of a hollow beads piece by Genea Beads (made with my cane), and featuring my veiled cane more prominently than anything else. I intend to focus more on that in 2014, as I prepare to sell my house and move. I will probably be selling my frit business at some point.

Edited to say that Renee Wiggins of Jetage Studios also designed my new ad and has been taking gorgeous photos for me!! i <3 Renee!

whimzicalities 2013-12-27 4:59pm

Seriously! Gail's veiled cane is some of the most droolworthy glass out there. If you've never seen it in person, it would certainly be a good idea to familiarize yourself with it, so you'd understand what you're looking at. I had the pleasure of booth sharing with her in August and was floored by just how beautiful it is!

Gail Joseph 2013-12-27 5:04pm

Here's the new ad (not up yet). Any clearer? Or not so much. Maybe if the inside clear was crappy it wouldn't look hollow???

Silver Moon Lampwork 2013-12-27 5:26pm

I've never seen this veiled cane before. It sure is gorgeous! Does anybody have any photos of beads made with it?

glassymom 2013-12-27 5:51pm

1 Attachment(s)
I absolutely LOVE her glass!!! I was gifted some rods twice and I just can't believe how beautiful it is!!!

When it came I had to go right to the studio and try it. I made this bead cone, trying a bit of each color. It is just beautiful glass!!

JetAge Studio 2013-12-27 5:55pm

I've got the bead set handy that Gail mentioned in the new ad.....totally amazing amazing juicy necklace by Beth (Genea Beads)

Also, and I hope she doesn't mind....but I just had to share the work from the most fabulous Joy Munshower....a couple of goddesses she did. Again, I have these images for ad/PR purposes so I hope it's ok to share, Gail & Joy. :-\" Talk about droolworthy!!

Gail, which colors are these?

Silver Moon Lampwork 2013-12-27 6:05pm

Oh Wow! It looks good enough to eat, just like candy. I love the way light shines through it in such a dreamy way.

Thanks for showing it off.

Terryd 2013-12-27 8:54pm

I bought glass from Gail this summer at the Gathering without knowing who she is and anything about her glass.....

And am I so happy I did. I love the veiled cane and have made some fun beads. The purples are just fantastic. I just didn't get enough. Once holiday bills are paid, I hope to buy more.

Have no clue what the person who started this thread expects???? Strange post.

Judith Billig 2013-12-28 12:10am

I got also some hollows made with Gail's fabulous glass. Love to use it - beads look so ethereal :)

swamper 2013-12-28 12:23am

This thread turned into good PR for Gail. I know I gotta get me some veiled cane.