Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The BEST & the worst: Glass Suppliers (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38767)

demcc2 2011-06-07 2:58am

I'm updating my post (#242) I live on the east coast and have ordered in the past from everyone on the list except for CRLoo. The vendors I use the most are Howaco, ABR and Flamekissed in no particular order.

How is it that a vendor on the west coast is a faster shipper (to the east coast) than most others on the list??

I also find it surprising that 2/3 of the top vendors in the poll are significantly slower to ship and less accurate I might add (IMHO)

Duane
Are LBSupplys and Jodel on the list just for fun??

jeepinwelch 2011-06-10 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by demcc2 (Post 3567222)
Are LBSupplys and Jodel on the list just for fun??

Look at the date of the first post.

chrissij 2011-06-15 3:37pm

Personally, I like Donna, of “The Mandrel”.
I think she’s calm, collected, efficient, and cool.
She always takes the time to help others,
and her bent backwards pretzel position rules.

She takes pictures and answers questions.
She's overly fair with the "unreasonable gene" afflicted.
She willingly accepts returns and grants refunds,
For glass that was exactly as she depicted.

chrissij 2011-06-15 5:04pm

:lol: Please. This poll is so outdated.

ETA: If you want to get snitty about it, 68.56% of the respondents chose someone other than Frantz.

That said, I like Frantz just fine. I've ordered from them lots of times. What I dislike is unwarranted, pointed, personal, vendettas.

lldesigns 2011-06-15 5:05pm

It's a very old poll. There are people on their that haven't been in business for quite some time.

Mountain Snail 2011-06-15 5:35pm

I love Arrow Springs. When I purchase a tool from them, Craig fires up a torch and teaches me how to use it. Can't beat that! As for online ordering Frantz Art Glass is fabulous. Everything arrives quickly and nicely packaged.

Mountain Snail 2011-06-15 5:36pm

I forgot Sundance! They have been excellent too.

moondanse 2011-06-15 5:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrissij (Post 3579226)
Personally, I like Donna, of “The Mandrel”.
I think she’s calm, collected, efficient, and cool.
She always takes the time to help others,
and her bent backwards pretzel position rules.

She takes pictures and answers questions.
She's overly fair with the "unreasonable gene" afflicted.
She willing accepts returns and grants refunds,
For glass that was exactly as she depicted.

BRAVA!

Unreasonable customers she suffers
And tries to fulfill their requests
She is rewarded with crap
From posers that "act"
Without gratitude or grace from those suckers.

tracidawn78 2011-06-16 7:03am

Carol, you really need to back up and re-read all the posts in this situation. Donna looks like a saint, and you're coming across as bat-shit crazy. Seriously, it's fucking rubino. Get over it already.

ChristyPhelps 2011-06-16 7:08am

Is there an applause icon? =D>=D>

I must have subscribed to this thread eons ago, i don't even know what's going on, but you seriously cracked me up with this post. It came to me via email. thanks for making me laugh out loud. =D>=D>=D>

Wiley 2011-06-16 7:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracidawn78 (Post 3580211)
Carol, you really need to back up and re-read all the posts in this situation. Donna looks like a saint, and you're coming across as bat-shit crazy. Seriously, it's fucking rubino. Get over it already.

=D> =D> =D>

Wiley 2011-06-16 7:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by lldesigns (Post 3579386)
It's a very old poll. There are people on their that haven't been in business for quite some time.

Exactly. What's the date on this poll....2006?

AKDesigns 2011-06-16 8:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracidawn78 (Post 3580211)

I think this post belongs in the Rubino thread too. :)

misspiggy 2011-06-16 9:21am

Maybe we need a new poll??

AKDesigns 2011-06-16 9:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by misspiggy (Post 3580386)
Maybe we need a new poll??

No, we really don't. There was a reason why this thread was started and it had nothing to do with who the best supplier was. It was a vendetta against one. Similar to what Carol is doing now.

chrissij 2011-06-16 9:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKDesigns (Post 3580391)
No, we really don't. There was a reason why this thread was started and it had nothing to do with who the best supplier was. It was a vendetta against one. Similar to what Carol is doing now.

Yep.

chrissij 2011-06-16 9:41am

Besides, Christy would post it in the bathroom anyway... ;)

me :poke: misspiggy

:grin:

zen-mom 2011-06-16 10:20am

I love that the person who has the "Jesus loves you and so do I" in her sig line has the need to come and try to screw someone who's been working her ass off the past 6 years to build a good reputation by posting in a thread from 5 years ago.

You got your glass 2 days after I sent it out, after I took the time to strike the ends and post photos of what it looked like, I ASKED YOU IF YOU WANTED ME TO SEND IT. I had more than 1 death in my family in a weeks time, one directly and one indirectly (which is really none of your business)... I wasn't even home when the returned glass got here... I let you know that I would send your refund when I was able to get to my scales and weigh what you sent back, and that is exactly what I did. So tell me exactly why I would be a "BAD" vendor???

I slept well last night, I don't need a god to tell me if I'm a good person, I have a conscience.

Sorry girls, it doesn't rhyme... but how's this:

There was a girl from Nantucket...

Shit, never mind... :lol:

Mitosis Glass 2011-06-16 11:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen-mom (Post 3580449)
I love that the person who has the "Jesus loves you and so do I" in her sig line has the need to come and try to screw someone who's been working her ass off the past 6 years to build a good reputation by posting in a thread from 5 years ago.

You got your glass 2 days after I sent it out, after I took the time to strike the ends and post photos of what it looked like, I ASKED YOU IF YOU WANTED ME TO SEND IT. I had more than 1 death in my family in a weeks time, one directly and one indirectly (which is really none of your business)... I wasn't even home when the returned glass got here... I let you know that I would send your refund when I was able to get to my scales and weigh what you sent back, and that is exactly what I did. So tell me exactly why I would be a "BAD" vendor???

I slept well last night, I don't need a god to tell me if I'm a good person, I have a conscience.

Sorry girls, it doesn't rhyme... but how's this:

There was a girl from Nantucket...

Shit, never mind... :lol:

=D>=D>=D>

I've been refraining from posting in the Rubino thread and here for days now, but since it keeps coming up I've found my self-control has gone AWOL. I just want to add my support for Donna here. :love:

Wiley 2011-06-16 12:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKDesigns (Post 3580391)

Bingo!

Wiley 2011-06-16 12:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishBulb (Post 3580516)
=D>=D>=D>

I've been refraining from posting in the Rubino thread and here for days now, but since it keeps coming up I've found my self-control has gone AWOL. I just want to add my support for Donna here. :love:

=D>

Mountain Snail 2011-06-16 12:44pm

After reading the rubino thread, I have decided to order my next round of glass from
The Mandrel, just because. :lol:

orion 2011-06-16 12:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishBulb (Post 3580516)
=D>=D>=D>

me too.

zen-mom 2011-06-16 12:55pm

I love you people! :love:

Dee, I just wanna shnuggle that kitty face in your avi! :lol:

AKDesigns 2011-06-16 1:09pm

I hope this brings you a lot of business Donna. Anyone that reads the rubino thread in the Customer Service Kiosk will see that you totally bent over backwards to try to make a customer happy.

Dreamsincolor 2011-06-16 1:22pm

Donna, the customer from hell is lucky she didn't order the glass from my DH. He probably would have had Lily (our youngest dog) pee all over it before he shipped it just to give her a little mystery to solve. Would that make it something to post in the bathroom?

chrissij 2011-06-16 1:33pm

Donna's getting my next glass order. If I could afford to fill her coffers, I would.

zen-mom 2011-06-16 1:43pm

You guys make me get all misty eyed, thanks so much!

I'm making beads with a couple of my rods of the "awful" rubino (not the stuff she was sent) but some from the same batch. I think I need to auction them off and help Miss Maddie with some of her medical bills.

My back hurts from the stress of it all. I wish that thread would disappear, it makes me sad...

zen-mom 2011-06-16 1:44pm

BTW, I'm going to sage the returned glass and get rid of the bad juju. :devang:

PittsGlass 2011-06-16 1:56pm

Donna, need a smudge stick? Sending hugs from the north.