Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beads of Courage (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Dream Beads (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239142)

macsynchro 2013-03-11 10:31am

I got the okay to post the link to sign up genious

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

password: dreambead

Also Ashley's email address is
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For those not getting the email she suggests to resign up with the link I posted earlier or Roberts (the first post) I think it's fixed now.

*****The Link in this post is just to see the list of Dream Beads*****

Eileen 2013-03-11 11:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by macsynchro (Post 4264181)
Both are done Eileen. I went through and got them up to date so there is nothing outstanding on the list anymore :wink:

I noticed! After I mailed my completed ones, I had my drawings & list in hand and went in to verify there were no more, and saw there had been busy bees! :D

After I emailed Ashley to get the drawings for the last 2 I happened to see this thread & went to check out the link & saw those were gone too, way to go!

macsynchro 2013-03-11 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eileen (Post 4264249)
I noticed! After I mailed my completed ones, I had my drawings & list in hand and went in to verify there were no more, and saw there had been busy bees! :D

After I emailed Ashley to get the drawings for the last 2 I happened to see this thread & went to check out the link & saw those were gone too, way to go!

Yes I stared with the older ones and did two a day down the list till I got them completed. I just sent them in today. I hated seeing beads just sitting there...

Are you the Eileen who did the Justin Bieber Bead???? If so... do tell how you got the portrait on there.

Eileen 2013-03-11 11:15am

Oh, and for those asking about the emails, I don't get them every time, just if a large group is added or waiting a reminder will come. I just keep the link as a quick link on my computer & check it periodically in case something has been added.

Eileen 2013-03-11 11:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by macsynchro (Post 4264259)
Yes I stared with the older ones and did two a day down the list till I got them completed. I just sent them in today. I hated seeing beads just sitting there...

Are you the Eileen who did the Justin Bieber Bead???? If so... do tell how you got the portrait on there.

I had to get a little creative (with an OK from Ashley & Robert), and also made a separate bead for the word believe. I will email you a photo if you'd like. It had been sitting quite a while.

I see we're not too far from each other, I'll give a general wave when I'm in Tampa on Wednesday! :D

Eileen 2013-03-11 11:31am

Oh, and maybe the emails are being caught by the spam filter since they are a "mass" mailing?

macsynchro 2013-03-11 11:38am

I know we were discussing options on the Beads of Courage facebook page. I didn't see how it could be done in glass... Fimo yes with an image transfer... but couldn't see how to do it in glass. Kudos to you! I would love to see a picture.

I'll make sure to wave back on Wed :)

NeenaG 2013-03-11 11:38am

I appreciate getting to see the list, even though everything is caught up. Hopefully with the addition of everyone that has posted in this thread, beads won't be languishing on the list in the future!

misty 2013-03-12 12:56pm

I signed up again yesterday and still no email - how long does it normally take?

Eileen 2013-03-12 1:33pm

Dayna, I only get an email once in a while, don't know if you'll get one right away or not. But most of the people are volunteers as far as I know, and have real jobs in addition, so don't get discouraged.

misty 2013-03-13 8:37am

Ok Thanks

I was thinking maybe we could start a thread here for people who want ideas and like challenges - kind of a dream bead prctice thread.
It would work just like the "you pick" exchange, where people could post a picture for inspiration and then make beads based on everyones photos. Except instead of exchanging them we could post photos and then send them in to BOC.

Would anyone be interested?

Cherri 2013-03-21 5:19am

I looked to.. So great to see that everything has been filled. Such a great bunch of folks. I will keep checking too.
Cherri

NeenaG 2013-03-21 6:54am

Dayna, I think that would be fun! Maybe you need to start a new thread to see if anyone else would be interested. I think so many people have in the back of their mind that if their beads aren't good enough to sell, they can always send them to BOC. On the contrary, I think the BOC beads should be our very best!! I know I could certainly use the practice!

misty 2013-03-21 6:58am

Thanks Vicki :) I'm glad you responded! I'll try and start a thread over the weekend (when I have some time) can't hurt to try right?

glassymom 2013-04-15 4:00pm

I signed up a while ago now, havent received any confirmation, access code or anything......
I just signed up again......maybe that will help?
Same email address for 6 years........
sue

Eileen 2013-04-15 5:30pm

Sue, I don't get an email (& she gives the password with the email link) unless there are some new beads listed. Right now there are no beads waiting.

Mountain Lady 2013-05-07 7:25pm

They have been posting dream beads again but you have to check the site and be quick to get one :)

Here is the link again

password is: dreambead

Apparently there is no email notifications going out so just check the site every few days.

I got the red monster truck :) Who got the pig?

I would love to see pics of the dream beads that have been done!

Elizabeth Beads 2013-08-03 6:00pm

2 Attachment(s)
I made my first Dream Bead this week.

Here is the request:
Robin sitting on a twig looking towards brightness out of cancer perched on one leg.
And here is the bead I made, front and back. (The goldstone on the left is much more bright and sparkly than the photo shows.)

I'll be mailing it off this week, hoping its new owner loves it!

Eileen 2013-08-03 6:09pm

The lucky young person will love it! Those dream requests went really fast!
(A good thing for the kids waiting, even if some of us were too slow to grab one~ :D )

Elizabeth Beads 2013-08-03 6:29pm

I just happened to be sitting at my computer when the email came in Eileen. There were just two left even then.

Eileen 2013-08-03 6:44pm

That is wonderful that they're being done so quickly!

dla 2013-08-04 2:07am

Will wait for the next one.

demcc2 2013-08-04 4:20pm

I was able to grab one of them (finally). I was in Elizabeth's category...I was checking emails when the announcement showed up :-)

Duane

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads (Post 4374712)
I just happened to be sitting at my computer when the email came in Eileen. There were just two left even then.

bshelle 2013-08-05 2:55pm

Elizabeth that's wonderful!!

Elizabeth Beads 2013-08-05 4:03pm

Thank you Shelley!

Duane which one did you get to make?

InsanityBeader 2013-08-09 9:41am

Well, I am a little bummed that the signups are full.. so I can't even attempt to get involved.

dehoffa 2013-08-19 12:28pm

Me too. Bummer

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsanityBeader (Post 4379104)
Well, I am a little bummed that the signups are full.. so I can't even attempt to get involved.

Eileen 2013-08-19 1:08pm

There was a big backlog for a while, now very slow to get new ones. But I bet they will come.

Cherri 2013-08-19 1:18pm

I am waiting too.. I am looking at it another way.. Hoping there are less kids that need the dream beads.... Wouldn't that be fantastic. When it comes time again, I am waiting for the notification.

demcc2 2013-09-30 5:07am

Are we still sending Dream beads to the Paducah, KY address?

thanks

Duane