Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tips, Techniques, and Questions (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   10 LPM concentrator -- AirSep Intensity, Integra, Regalia, other? (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243820)

Emily 2013-04-18 1:30pm

10 LPM concentrator -- AirSep Intensity, Integra, Regalia, other?

One of my 5 LPM AirSeps is apparently circling the drain, so I'm likely to be in the market for a replacement. I'm thinking about moving up to a 10 LPM machine.

I've read up on the Regalia and on the Integra 10, which I gather is quite similar. I'm seeing listings for other 10 LPM machines, though, and would appreciate input on other models I might want to look at. The AirSep Intensity 10 seems intriguing; is the extra pressure actually useful? Is there any possibility it could be detrimental, for our purposes?

I'm running a Lynx (although I have Scorpion envy). I do mostly fairly large soft glass beads, with occasional small boro. If I go with a 10 LPM machine, I'm not planning to Y-connect it with my functioning 5 LPM concentrator, at least not on a regular basis.

Please note that I am not interested in Unlimited Oxygen units. I have read up on them and have had the opportunity to try some, and they're not what I want at this time. I also can't afford the wait, since my existing set up is about to join the Choir Invisible. Sorry, I don't want to debate the advantages/disadvantages of UO here. Please be polite and respect my decision.

Thanks much!

Silver Moon Lampwork 2013-04-18 4:24pm

I have the Integra and have been very happy with it. It's low maintenance, reliable, and does the job. I've only used it with a mini CC and it has worked well.

Emily 2013-04-18 6:47pm

Thanks, Lynn!

gallerygal 2013-04-22 3:11pm

I've had an 8lpm 20psi Airsep Integra for five years, used it with a Minor, a Cricket and a Scorpion. It's brilliant with all those torches and I love it with the Scorpion. Plenty of firepower, I've done boro without any problems - nothing more than large bead size though.

It hasn't missed a beat, even after long breaks (months) between use.

Prior to the Integra I had an OG20 and before that a 5lpm Devilbiss.

Emily 2013-04-23 4:45am

I ended up ordering the AirSep Intensity 10. Won't get it for a couple of weeks, though, and of course I want it yesterday. Hope I like it!

And I also snagged a barely-used Scorpion on eBay, so I can make do with the Cricket center fire and my surviving 5lpm concentrator until the Intensity gets here. Yay, new toys!

Ekkie 2013-04-23 6:03am

You will love the Airsep, and the Scorpion. My scorpion runs fantastically on the 8lpm 20 psi Airsep Intensity so 10lpm will be even better.

gallerygal 2013-04-23 11:59pm

Wise choice :D

I'm sure you'll love the combo! You might be surprised with the Scorpion, you may be able to run the outer fire on your 5lpm.