Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Boro basics... Volume #1 DVD - PREORDER your copy at a discounted price... (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117999)

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-10 5:35am

Boro basics... Volume #1 DVD - PREORDER your copy at a discounted price...

Plus you'll get in line to be the first ones shipped when they come in! :D

Here are the three finished pendants I demoed in the DVD... Can't wait to get into more complex stuff... but I had to start here and build as we go along. That way everybody can join in the boro fun!

I cover all of the off mandrel basics in this video tutorial. It's going to be in DVD format and I will ship as soon as I get them from the duplicator.

I'm offering a great PRE-order deal... instead of $49.95, it's $40 with $2 US shipping and $4 international shipping.

http://www.brentgraber.com/catalog.php?category=15

This video covers:
Flame Settings
2 ways to make a gather
2 ways to pull a boro stringer
Cold Seals
Using Peter Tweezers and Handy Andys
How to practice making loops with out ruining a your pendants
Drilling a hole with hot tungsten
Making a layered boro Twisty
Encasing with boro
Adding dots
Setting up and silver striking colors
Making a Maria
Reaming a big hole in boro
Raking boro using a clear stringer
Adding a drip to the bottom of a pendant

Cathie 2009-01-10 7:39am

I can't wait to get mine :)

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-10 9:05am

As an added incentive, I will also ad a little something extra in two of the first 100 packages... totally random give away. I'll do the drawing and announce who won here, after the first 100 are sold.

I'll get pictures of the giveaways up later... it'll be two of my best pendants. :D

doesdoes 2009-01-10 9:31am

I've never worked with boro before Brent, is this DVD right for me...?

Jenny

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-10 9:35am

Yes! It explains all the beginner stuff to get you started working boro off mandrel... I definitely started from the beginning and assumed people didn't know anything about how to do boro or off mandrel... It's a balance... it walks through the basics, but also includes enough that somebody who has done this before, won't be bored. ;)

doesdoes 2009-01-10 10:49am

Thanks Brent... I'm going to preorder this DVD... can't wait :biggrin:

Jenny

Sarabella 2009-01-10 12:15pm

I promise not to bug you about arrival time/day/month. Looking forward to watching the DVD.

Sals

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-10 12:19pm

:lol: Ok deal... and I promise to send them out as soon as I possibly can. :D

gayle janczarek 2009-01-10 12:26pm

But, you need to let us know what number has been ordered, so we can start getting excited! gayle (who already ordered)

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-10 12:54pm

27 preordered since last night. ;)

I'm so excited. I can't wait for people to see this and try the things I demo. It's my favorite part of teaching... and now I get to cause the "I GOT PINK!" excitement on a much larger scale. How cool is that? :D

bellavistaglass 2009-01-10 1:25pm

Me too! I am signing up....Yipppee \\:D/way 2 go Brent!
Cheers,
Patricia

Aleigh 2009-01-10 1:33pm

Okay, I just ordered mine too! I am very excited and have been struggling with my boro colors! I can't wait for it to get here.

mandalinn 2009-01-10 1:57pm

Yeah just preordered mine......I am slowly starting to adore Boro and a video will be perfect for me. :)

Smurfy5 2009-01-10 2:21pm

This looks so cool... I just preordered mine too!

beybey 2009-01-10 4:36pm

Hey Mr. Brent,

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I can stop asking you as to when you plan on releasing. Now I'll just ask for when the other 4 will be released as I have already placed my pre-order for this one.

Thanks,

Candace

NW-Teri 2009-01-10 4:50pm

Hey Brent,

Just pre-ordered my copy of your dvd - really enjoyed your class at glassstock a couple of years ago. I've admired your work. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Teri

lwilson21 2009-01-10 5:01pm

I just pre-ordered your DVD---can't wait to watch it and try some boro.

Leah

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-10 5:26pm

Thank you thank you! :love:

rguttierrez 2009-01-10 8:01pm

I just ordered mine. I am new to boro and have admired your work for a long time. I can't wait! :koolaid:

Ekkie 2009-01-11 12:28am

Brent, I keep trying to order and am told the form is incomplete or incorrect. But I'm not told which field is wrong. I'm guessing it's the international phone number but none of the combinations I tried work.

Help please!!!!

Jenn

gubnavnania 2009-01-11 2:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekkie (Post 2311745)
Brent, I keep trying to order and am told the form is incomplete or incorrect. But I'm not told which field is wrong. I'm guessing it's the international phone number but none of the combinations I tried work.

Help please!!!!

Jenn

I tried and it's working for me, Jenn.

barbaracollins 2009-01-11 3:17am

I ordered mine. I keep missing you when you come to ABR in Indiana.

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-11 8:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekkie (Post 2311745)

Help please!!!!

Jenn

I'm not sure what's going on Jenn. I've had people order from all over the world on my website... what part are you getting stuck on?

If you want, PM me your PP address and I'll just send you an invoice. ;)

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-11 8:35am

Rose, Yunita and Barbara... thank you soooo much... :love:

Barbara. I'll be back some time this year. ;)

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-11 9:20am

50 SOLD! Wooohooo! :D

Ekkie 2009-01-11 3:02pm

Thanks Brent. I have now ordered successfully. I wasn't ticking the boxes!!!!
Thanks for the message Rifie.

Jenn

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-11 5:26pm

Awesome Jenn... sorry for the confusion. :love:

Afterdark 2009-01-12 10:10am

Ship that puppy to me!! Happpppppyyyyy Dance!

Duh what are Peter Tweezers and Handy Andys? I gotta make sure I got them so I'm ready to rock and roll when I get my little present to me!

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-12 10:30am

You can order Peter Tweezers from Arrow Springs and go to Andy's site www.galacticglass.net to get the Handy Andy's. They both do pretty much the same thing. One is a cheaper version and excellent for smaller holes... the Handy Andy's are built like a tank and are excellent for larger holes. They will also save you some time, because they make a hole all the way through. Peter tweezers just give you a guide. ;)

Afterdark 2009-01-12 10:37am

okay- I got the peter tweezers but will look into the handy Andy's- Thank you!!

KayTStudio 2009-01-12 2:44pm

hee hee
I just preordered mine.
I've been working on a hothead but my big girl torch is on the way -
and I can hear the dark side calling me.

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-12 2:49pm

Sounds like a little whisper at first, but the dark side gets louder and louder. Boro is so much fun! Resistance is futile! :lol:

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-13 2:36am

Down to only 20 DVDs being offered at the discount. Who's gonna get a return of 20% in just a few weeks. This is a better investment than stocks. I guarantee it. :lol:

Deb 2009-01-13 8:14am

I preordered mine a few days ago. I can't wait to get this DVD!

My name is Deb, I've been drawn to the dark side, resistance IS futile!

Crazy Woman 2009-01-13 11:24am

Just preordered mine!!! Whoot!!!!

My name is Deb, I've been drawn to the dark side, resistance IS futile! lol..... My name is Crazy Woman, I've been drawn to the dark side, resistance IS futile!!!!!! I just looked at my profit (you got to be kidding) and loss statement and I spent more on boro last year than our week in Cozumel.... I guess I must admit defeat!

Love the pendants and PICK ME!!!! PICK ME!!!.... pretty please with sugar on top! \\:D/

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-13 11:53am

I think i spent more on boro than I did on food! :lol:

Crazy Woman 2009-01-13 11:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley (Post 2316426)
I think i spent more on boro than I did on food! :lol:

:shock::grin: but it enables you to buy more food!

Troll Lover 2009-01-13 11:59am

Okay, I couldn't resist... Got my pre-order in as well... :D

Nickeson Designs 2009-01-13 5:47pm

paypal issue

Tried to order using paypal, but, got an error.

Hmm...

Okay.. think I got it!!!

Dan

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-13 6:14pm

Got it Dan. ;)

Renee 2009-01-13 9:18pm

Just ordered mine, too! Gotta get those tweezers, though.:wink:

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-14 11:28am

Both types are way cool. I use them for different things. The Handy Andys are more, but they save you time. The Peters Tweezers are better for making a dainty hole. Love both and reccomend both, but if you can only afford one, go with the Peters. Then get the Andys later.

www.galacticglass.net for the Andys...

Crazy Woman 2009-01-14 11:32am

So great white boro master.... what's the trick to the Handy Andy's... I do the chicken dance and get a flaky ragged hole #-o ... I know it's me and not the Handy Andy's ](*,):-D

neagle 2009-01-14 11:37am

Just preordered mine! Have always wanted to really seriously work in boro, so I'm very excited about this!!
Thanks!

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-14 11:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy Woman (Post 2318797)
So great white boro master.... what's the trick to the Handy Andy's... I do the chicken dance and get a flaky ragged hole #-o ... I know it's me and not the Handy Andy's ](*,):-D

I use them where there is colored glass to hide that. I can't get it to flame polish out completely with clear. It does break up the glass inside, so I know why it gets crusty. I'm staying with Andy in a few weeks... I plan on asking him and making him show me. :lol: When I know the secret, I'll pass it along. ;)

kittyluv4ever 2009-01-14 12:28pm

Brent what size boro rods are used in the video. Right now I've only got up to about 7-8mm but need to order at least some 14mm for when Chads marble book gets here and figured I'd ask so if I needed something specific I can just place one order.
Thanks,
Donna

Crazy Woman 2009-01-14 1:59pm

Thanks, Brent! I thought it was just me.... no more clear loops for me!

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-14 3:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittyluv4ever (Post 2318930)
Brent what size boro rods are used in the video. Right now I've only got up to about 7-8mm but need to order at least some 14mm for when Chads marble book gets here and figured I'd ask so if I needed something specific I can just place one order.
Thanks,
Donna

14mm will work fine for what I demo in the video. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy Woman (Post 2319139)
Thanks, Brent! I thought it was just me.... no more clear loops for me!

Clear loops are an issue any time you try to drill a hole in it. It shows everything. If you need a clear loop, I suggest a shepherds hook (which I hate the look of) or you can squish a little bit of clear rod and flip in around. I could explain that last one, but it pretty much sucks too. :lol:

Drilling is the way to go... IMHO

Mr. Smiley 2009-01-15 1:57pm

The bubble mailers came in today. I'll be labeling them and getting ready for the DVDs... I'm so excited. :D I can't wait for you guys to get this and try it out. I see a lot of boro converts in the future! :D

char 2009-01-15 3:44pm

I have also been a fan of your work put my order in for the dvd! :grin: