Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tutorials to purchase (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Baleen Bead Tutorial by Michael Barley (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151629)

debkauz 2010-02-25 8:31pm

I just got home and opened the box with them. They're HUGE! I thought they'd be about 1/2 the size they are. It'll be interesting to try to use them.

LampworkbyLori 2010-02-26 12:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rounder (Post 2848082)
Hi all,
I emailed Craig at Arrowsprings last week about making more of the tools. I haven't heard back from him yet. I'll give him a call later and will let you know what he says.

Krissa - The tools that Mary Beth is asking about are not required to make the bead. It's just something new that Craig made for me to try. The only 'special' tool, if you want to call it that, is a razor tool. The rest of the tools are just things that you would normally use to make your beads.

Michael

Hi Michael! :wave: I've been meaning to drop you a note just to say hi since I saw your picture for teaching at Arrow Springs(?). Long time no see! Hope all is well! Lori from Indiana

yeepers 2010-02-27 6:32am

So I placed an order for the tools on the 15th. Since then I have not heard a peep from Arrowsprings even after sending a follow-up email and I definitely haven't received anything. Is this normal Arrowsprings practice?

bead-licious 2010-03-02 1:38am

HI Michael,
Any chance of getting you to sell these tools in your Etsy store? It's difficult being from Australia ordering thru Arrow Springs...they dont really seem to want our business.
Thanks!

rounder 2010-03-03 10:34am

Hi,
Sorry that I've been absent for so long. It's been a busy time these last few months and with teaching and traveling and all, a lot of stuff has been piling up at home. I don't know what to say about Arrowsprings. I'm sorry that it's taking so long for some of you to get the tools. I can only guess that Craig has been swamped with orders and is trying to catch up. I'm sure that anytime he comes up with a new tool, it takes a bit of time to figure out how many to make, ways to make the process more efficient etc. Be patient and in themeantime, just use the straight razor tool to make your cuts.
Carli, I'm not selling the tools. I'm not even sure that I would be allowed to sell tools on Etsy. Do you know?
Enjoy,
Michael

Firebug 2010-03-03 11:07am

Michael, you can sell tools on etsy.
Cheers
Kathy

patriesia 2010-03-04 11:40pm

Wonderful tutorial! Great instructions and photos.
Thanks Michael!

Charmaine 2010-03-11 10:11am

baleen tools

got my set of tools from AS the other day, they do exist and they're great! I was surprised that he didn't just sell the top parts, that they all come with an individual base, which is the same interchangeable base for all of the razor tools, but what do I know. Much easier to use if you don't have to change them, so there's that

Mountain Snail 2011-07-15 10:10pm

I made a trip to Arrow Springs today and bought the tools. Craig mentioned this tutorial. I just bought it. Can't wait to torch again and try it. Thanks!