Lampwork Etc.

Lampwork Etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Calls for Entries, etc. (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   ISGB Fired Up! - Juried Pendant Show (http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261143)

LoriGreenberg 2014-02-25 9:19am

ISGB Fired Up! - Juried Pendant Show

Fired Up! - Juried Pendant Show with the 2014 Gathering
Open to all ISGB members. Attendance at the Gathering is not a requirement.

As a maker, when you think about lampworking, what stirs your soul and ignites your passion? Is it a unique color combination? Perhaps a specific form or textural element? Maybe a captivating style or special process you use?

Artists are encouraged to challenge themselves and submit pendant pieces that embody their personal voice - expressions that highlight the infinite possibilities in contemporary glass beadmaking and radiate from within their work. Whether you are a novice beadmaker or have years of experience, we invite you to create your favorite design and show us what gets you Fired Up!

The Details:
* The entry fee is $25.
* Submit three to six high resolution (300 dpi) jpeg images representative of your intended work.
* All beads must be made into singular pendants and need to be strung on something for display. For example, use a short piece of ribbon, leather, cord, or chain.
* Up to six pieces may be submitted if you are accepted into the show. All pieces must be for sale.
* An inventory list with artist contact information and retail price(s) MUST be included with pieces when they are submitted for the show. No exceptions will be made.
* Selected artists will receive 50 percent of the retail price of the sold items. Payments and any unsold pieces will be returned via insured mail.

Timeline:
* Deadline is April 30.
* Notifications will be made by May 9.
* Pendants, price list, artist info etc. must be received by June 10. (Shipping directions will be sent out with notification of acceptance)

To view the full Call for Entries with information on how to apply, click here.

We hope you will participate in this exciting exhibit!

Questions? Contact Sarah Riggle at admin@isgb.org or 614.222.2243.

karibeads 2014-03-15 1:20pm

Since there is an entry fee, I would assume there is a prize....but there is no mention of one. Is the prize just to be a participant? If yes, why would you not accept all entries since you take half the proceeds of sales? I must not understand fully. Please clarify.

Kendra Bruno 2014-03-19 7:38pm

Kari, there really isn't a prize associated with this show. It is designed to help artists sell there work and therefore, be paid for a portion of their work. We do not take funds - the funds are divided between the gallery selling the pieces and the artists. This show will highlight juried work and the pieces juried in will be for sale to the general public. The fee associated with the entry is to help cover our cost of producing and advertising the show.

I hope this helps clarify. Thank you.

-Kendra

Jeri 2014-04-19 6:07am

I thought I would ask this here, since I might not be the only one with this question. We are asked for three to six images, must there be only one pendant per image? I have never entered the pendant show before (I don't think) so maybe this has been addressed before now! Jeri

Kendra Bruno 2014-04-21 2:59pm

Jeri, many times on pendant detail, one piece per image has been helpful to those submitting, however; it is not required that there only be one pendant piece per image.

In the past, those submitting have combined shots, done images with front and back (if the detail is critical on both), and those that have multiple concepts have used the five or six images to showcase a variance of colors, styles, designs, etc.

Hope that helps...

Best,
Kendra

Jeri 2014-04-21 5:22pm

Definitely helps, thank you Kendra. Jeri