View Single Post
Old 2008-10-14, 3:09pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
yes it is , Here in wisconsin it is you advertise a product , say a TV a big one 27 inches only you have only two. 125 people come into you store. Your betting that some percentage of them will buy something else, another tv what ever. This is just a new age and this is a different twist given the internet. Laws and definitions have yet to catch up but if it looks like a pig an smells like a pig it is probably a pig or in the same family as a pig. All I am saying is that if they made a mistake they should make it up to their customers and this is not anything that they haven't surmised from my original reaction to their letter. They are a large business with a somewaht captive audience since they are the major importers. This was wrong and they should fix it.
You are actually quite mistaken. That is called a "loss leader" and is VERY common practice across the country and has been for many decades. By law, you merely have to specify that there are limited quantities available.

I have been to Frantz and seen the stacks of shorts boxes that they accumulate. Last time I was up there they had maybe 30 of them, and my sister bought one. It's a really great way for them to get rid of unlabeled broken rods, and a great bargain if you happen to score one. It's a bummer that you missed out, but what is up with the vitriol and the accusations? Frantz is an honest company, and I have no doubt that they filled the orders first-come-first-serve. You missed out.

You could be facing foreclosure, illness, divorce, or other REAL hardships that people on this board are facing right now. Instead, you're PISSED and expending a bunch of energy sharing your rage other people because a glass company sold out of a special offer.

Hello, perspective?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.