View Single Post
Old 2007-03-19, 10:49am
Tinder Bloom Studio

I've worked w/a tank and the way I described above and I have fine control over my flame. Not ideal but good for not having to fill my tank every 4 days or so.

There are some threads about working the National on an oxycon like this around here somewhere. I think Marylin from Zingz posted this information from talking to the National people. Also this is what the company I bought my oxycon told me how to work with an oxycon, adjust at the oxycon your flow not at the torch, it puts stress on the oxycon if it has backflow...that's what I was told so I'll go my the suppliers info. If I want an oxidizing flame I have to turn my flame way down though but I can get it to oxidize...I wouldn't recommend this for a newbie trying to figure out what type of flame they are working with though...I've been working w/glass off and on for almost 10 years now. The National 8m uses/needs more oxygen psi than other torches.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.