View Single Post
Old 2008-09-01, 3:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by simvet02 View Post
Well, yesterday's try cracked worse that the first, it has four cracks around the top and I heated it to within an inch of its life, as a matter of fact the flowers are black. Me thinks I better put this tutorial away for awhile. Although I will try the flowers on something else, the tutorial was a wonderful collection of techniques that I can use on many other things.

I'm going to buy some Raku stringers to use for them thought because I can't pull one thick enough. The thin ones just aren't controlable, at least not for me.

I like your idea of doing tutorials with techniques in them. That way we can use them to create our own style an signature....:->
Jan, I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing some cracks in your beads. Given that you heated the bead so much, I have to wonder. . .Are you working with 96 or 104 Raku?

I bring this up because I have been working through cracking issues with several bead makers that were having the same problem. Turns out that they were using the 96 coe Raku instead of the 104 coe Raku.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.