View Single Post
Old 2006-02-27, 6:22pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonker
Kristy,

I just upgraded about a month ago as well....same set-up..and P10 and a Piranha. Mine is running just like yours, but the center flame isn't really yellow on mine, but it is definitely longer than the others. I have no reference point to know if it's running correctly, but it seems to be doing an incredible job on the glass.....what have you got your propane pressures set at....when I first set it up...I had too much propane and I couldn't get the yellow out of the flame....only help I can offer you. I'm running mine about 4psi

Wonker
Having uneven candles is not necessarily a problem. Having a candle that is grossly out of whack with a lot of yellow is a problem with any torch.

If she were running too much propane, all the tips would be yellow, not just one. Changing pressure at the regulator won't affect anything unless you are having problems with your valves. The needle valves control the flow.

The way Kristy described it, it sounds like a problem with one jet not getting enough oxygen. It's getting enough gas (and not too much, if the other candles are blue-tipped).

Kristy, was it like this out of the box? Is it new or used?