View Single Post
Old 2007-05-26, 5:27pm

Default fuming- the real dangers

okay, I know I am stupid but I wanted to share my experience. Maybe it will help someone else to not be so dumb.

I fumed. Without ventilation. I thought I would try it once and just couldnt wait. Cause I am dumb. I knew the risks and dangers. and because I hadnt fumed before, I ended up using alot of silver. I really didnt realize just how bad it was.

Almost immediately I felt my chest closing up. I started coughing and it felt like I was breathing through a straw. I stopped and went outside. (I do have asthma) From that time on, I have been sick. Coughing and weezing for the last 4 days.

I went to the ER last night and they do see some kind of "interruption??"- yep, infiltrate, in my chest. They admitted they knew nothing about silver and glass use and consequences but said it looked like pneumonia in my left lung. They want me to have it checked out further by a pulmonary doc.

I cant definetly say that it is a direct result of the fuming or just a result of inadequate ventilation for the last year and a half. but I feel like shit and it didnt start until I fumed.

So hopefully my ignorance will help someone else. I dont expect sympathy but since I already know that I was stupid, I also dont expect any shit for this either. I just wanted to warn anyone else who thinks they can squeek by without it. If that isnt enough to convince you, the doc also recommended that I stop torching until we find out what is wrong in my lungs.

I didnt have ventilation because the house was being reappraised. Believe me, my ventilation fan is in the mail now. How dumb can I get?

they gave me a breathing treatment and then had to put me on a continuous one for 45 minutes. That sucked.
They prescribed albuterol for my nebulizer, prednisone and zithromax.
I need to call my regular doctor and get an appointment with the pulmonologist.

So if it directly from the fumes, will it get better or is there likely permanent damage?

I felt fine before I fumed. well normal anyway
I have never had pneumonia before but I do have chronic bronchitis. (which adds to how dumb I was. ) I dont have any type of fever or any other symptoms besides the cough, tight chest, and I am a bit more tired than usual. Oh, my blood pressure was elevated. It is usually 120/60 and was 148/89 didnt quite understand what caused that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.