View Single Post
Old 2007-06-15, 10:57am
Glass-A-Holic ^..^

Brandie,

I have asthma and have to take medicine every single day for it (not a result of lampworking for those of you wondering - had it since I was six months old)! Thus, when your breathing is bad your blood pressure goes up. It takes more to pump oxygen around when your airways are tightening/closing up. At least that is the way I look at it. The last really bad attack I had (oxygen tubes up my nose and the whole nine yards) my blood pressure was so high they thought I was having a heart attack and declined to listen to me that it was an asthma attack not heart attack! They didn't treat my asthma at first even though I knew what it was .

Just for your information I only have 75% lung compacity and I do just fine (just have to up my meds when I am feeling a bit under the weather). I was told it was a result of having such bad asthma throughout my life. Once again, I had not even started lampworking when all of these tests were run on me regarding my lung capacity.

You will do just fine but take it easy until your breathing gets back to normal and stay on the medicine they give you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alaina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mintleaf; 2007-06-15 at 10:59am.