View Single Post
Old 2022-03-29, 4:54pm

Firstly, Thanks everyone for the responses!

rcktscientist. Sorry, I was a little unclear for budget, The <$1k would be just for the torch, oxygen, regulators and hoses. Just the torch setup. I had originally planned the whole project for $1k, which I am at now, so I'm just going to have to raise the budget to get the right torch setup. I think I already have all the other necessary stuff, I've got boro tubes, proper didymium glasses w/#3, swivel etc.
I might be able to have someone else do the work, but I kinda want to be able to say I did the project myself, and it feels like cheating to just outsource the most important part. I also might end up doing a bunch of experimenting with different designs, so don't want to have someone else build it several times. If I knew what I was doing it and just wanted the end produce, I would agree, that it probably would be much easier and cheaper to outsource it.

echeveria
I'm near SW Michigan, I only know of one neon sign shop. Someone is setting up a new makerspace and I considered proposing they including some lampwork stuff, but I don't want to wait on that.

Alaska
I actually did look at also posting my question on that site, but I can't make an account! It just shows a blank white screen and "File not found.". It does the same for all web browsers, mobile. Even the subforums, like "request Box" that might allow posting without an account wouldn't let me post.

Last edited by LaserMakerMaybe; 2022-03-29 at 4:58pm.