View Single Post
Old 2016-06-16, 3:31pm
Everlasting Fire Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I think I've found all the classes I've taken either through a message board like here or www.talkglass.com or on Facebook. The last time I took one nobody was using Instagram, but I see a lot of people using it primarily and some not even using Facebook any more. So I think you're definitely on the right path.

Do you have a web site? A lot of my students find and contact me through my web site.

However I have taught way more classes than I have taken. I think I've taken three. Taught probably 100. Usually they seek me out. Whether it be private classes or a studio wanting me to do a group class (which, by the way, if you want me to come teach in Chicago, just say the word and I'm on the next plane - I LOVE that city).
Thanks for replying!
We do have a site, and we tend to get some feedback through the site. We mostly get people looking for first time lessons, groups, etc. Percentage wise, our students are likely 75% beginner to no experience. Those who use the studio are often not taking classes either. They primarily took just a few basic classes or had private lessons, and now just practice and watch youtube for lessons instead.
This means that advanced and intermediate lessons are not as easy to promote since the base we have is often not skilled enough yet (or budgets are tight in some cases).

We would love a class from you! Honestly, if you know you have a base here that you could fill a class, that would be awesome. Our problem has just been that we don't have enough here in our own base to fill these types of classes. But if a teacher knows they have enough fans/people wanting a class in or near our area, we are always willing to give it a shot! We do what we can to promote, but we often need a boost on this.

Everlasting Fire Studio
5036 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625