Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-17, 2:47pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
I made a set of eight encased beads out of that same (Antique Rose) color a year ago and just sold it, no cracks, so I'm guessing it's a kiln temp issue for them as well.

BE is a very thoroughly tested and troubleshot product. It's a known quantity. So if users want a glass that's a known quantity, it's a good choice. If users don't mind messing with something that's less well-known and potentially less reliable, that's fine, but I'm not going to stop singing the praises of a glass that I love when someone expresses dismay at having problems with another glass.

If people have troubleshooting advice fr the OP, they should post it, and not try to stop others either from venting or from suggesting glass they're partial to.
I don't think anyone said to stop suggesting or singing the praises of other glass. The point people are trying to make is the ridiculous attacks on this glass need to stop (but we all know they won't). I don't see anyone attacking Precision or DoubleHelix (or BE) when there is a problem with those lines (saying things like throw it out or don't use it, it's crap). They figure it out with troubleshooting and tip sharing.

I like BE. I love Urorobos and all of the furnace lines. In fact, I gave up 104 (sold it all) and switched to 96 years ago because it's just that awesome. I just recently started using the 104 again when Devardi came out because I wanted to test some of the colors. If people don't like Devardi, then they shouldn't use it. If they've never even tried it, then it's like Saturday morning cartoons used to say. "Don't knock it til you've tried it." If we don't test the glass and provide feedback, how can it ever improve?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.