Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-17, 7:39pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemagic View Post
When I first started using Devardi, I experienced some cracking issues. Then I realized I was using too hot a flame. I reduced the flame as stated on the Devardi website, and I worked the glass much cooler. I have no cracking problems anymore to speak of. I suspect Karin made the same mistake. I have made many beads now with Devardi and I just don’t have problems with it. It works great. On the Devardi website there are videos that show you how to use the glass cooler, and also how to successfully combine and encase the glass with Moretti and silver glasses and other brands. I’ve combined and encased Devardi with a number of brands with no problem. Just keep the flame cooler.
That doesn't even make sense to me - why would have you to keep it cool to keep it from CRACKING? I can understand to keep it from devitting or doing other funky things, but I don't understand how too much heat could change the compatibility of the glass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.