View Single Post
Old 2009-01-07, 9:20pm

Ahh ... well I voted for other since I used to do hand dapping (aided by my Hydraulic press), then got a Retro tool, and then an Impress (had to compare, plus I'm a tool ho) ... In all honesty they all have their pluses and minuses. The Impress is way cheaper but is limited height (been fixed by adding on some risers) plus if nothing else you should get the deburring tool from Art in the Round - that is totally awesome! Everyone doing coring should get one of those imho. I like the Retro tools ease of changing core size - I would say that is it's main advantage over the other versions ... I haven't seen or used Jim Moores tool - it makes perfect sense and by all accounts is wonderful, but I'm not going to spend that amount until I know that I want to be in major coring production (I tend to think in terms of how many I'd need to do to pay off the cost of it - that's a lot more than I'm currently making of them)!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.