View Single Post
Old 2009-01-08, 1:05am

Well, to me what matters is not only the fact that a tool is easy to use or can do the job super fast, it is also the end result. Actually, it is the finish look of the cored bead is what matters to me the most. I'm super picky about that. It has to be a perfect fit between the edge of the flared tube and the bead. I don't want to be able to put a hair between the silver that has been flared and my bead. When I look at silver cored beads, it is often the case though. Nothing wrong with that, just a matter of personal preferences.

I don't know if all those tools / methods can give me the look I'm after (rounded and tight). It seems that Dave's tool can give you a various looks, but I don't know about the tight fit though, because the one that I have and like very much is the retro liner and the service is great too.

I hope I'm making sense here because english is to me a foreign langage and when it comes down to technical stuff, I know that I don't have the right words to express that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.