View Single Post
Old 2011-09-26, 12:22pm

Default bad start to new studio

been awhile since I've posted.
made a move to seaside Oregon and set my glass studio with no real problems, but I need work space for my woodworks. I got shot down with the planning commission to place a small second story on my carriage garage. Bummer

so I looked for a rental industrial space and was denied( they didn't want the dust from my lathe).

so then I tryed for commercial space which is limited and ever place I could consider had major issues. ho hmmmm.

I was getting no where fast, and so I decided to purchase a home with detached garage for my new work space. I hope to rent out the house to some one cool?

in any case, I purchased the home and had the whole place rewired, shop to boot. Yahoo, new work space, very small, but it's ready to go.

well i hire a national moving company to move out the heavy equipment from my old shop and bring it down south to oregon.

ever have those worries of going to buy glass and having it arrived in kibble and bits?

these guy showed up at the Seaside home with my equipment. they opened the door to the lift gate truck, and all of it had tipped over. 7 piece of extremely heave stuff crushed. not one moving blanket, and zero straps.
what the #$@!*%*!!!!!!!!!
only piece is presently usable

my 5 hp Powermatic table saw mangled, my Oneway 2436 lathe hammered,
three stationary sanders and a 18" bandsaw will never be able to be repaired

six of the seven machines sat on mobile bases that let these piece fly around the back of the truck? all the mobile bases are history as well.

ummm oooooo why me?

I was hoping to be up and running right away; I needed to step away from glass for a bit, but

thanks for letting me vent
Murf

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.