Thread: Tie-Dyed Bead
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-18, 5:34am
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

Smile Thank you Hula Girl & Nightcat

You both absolutely ROCK!! Beth - thanks for posting the link, & Ross thank you so very much for making it possible for a link to be posted.

This newbie, stuck way down here in New Zealand & trying desperately to teach herself (along with some help from the lovely Fiona from Claybraes) to make lampwork beads - finally found this thread this afternoon.

I watched the video (& made a few notes), then immediately went a fired up my torch. Today I feel that I have finally 'made it' - not only did I manage to make my first successful twistie thanks to the video, but I actually put together a set of 'Tie-Dyed' beads (a focal & some spacers).

Perhaps the glass gods were looking out for me & the planets were in the right place as well - because I even made 6 spacers the same size (usually I get 2 of 'similar' size if I'm lucky -lol), - to be honest though I think it was more the fact of seeing it done from 'the right perspective' & in it's entirety, & explained in a clear & easy to understand manner. Books tend to break everything down into too many steps & it seems stilted & muddled by the time you get to the torch - besides it's not exactly easy to turn pages with a mandrel in one hand & glass in the other.

Thanks a million Ross .....tomorrow I'll work through some more of those wonderful tutorial videos!

Deb