View Single Post
Old 2006-05-23, 1:25pm

I used Opalino Carnelian, and the beads turned totally brown! The Sunglow has SOME Iris Gold, but if you call Robin, she could tell you more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorLigh
Hello I have a question- using carnelian as a base- you mean the opalino color, 536? I have some of this at home and never use it. I will have to try this. Also, I don't have any iris gold frit right now, and I already spent my "glass money" for the month. Will "Sunglow" by Glass Diversions work in the same manner?

I accidentally stumbled on making beads like this when I tried to make the "blue bead" from the tutorials section of this site. My bead did not look exactly like the blue bead (I use a HH and 7lb proplyene tank) but it really looked marvelous- the silver foil over cobalt with clear created amazing results (for me, somewhat of a beginner.) I then began adding different Glass Diversions frits and different transparent bases to see what would happen- glorious beads.

I'm lucky because there is a glass store not far from me, and with the rise in lampwork beading she (the owner) has a great stock of glass- and she special orders for us- so I can pop over to see if she has, or can get, straw yellow This is where my glass money for the month has already been spent!

I can't wait to go home and turn on my torch to try some of these "recipes" posted here!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: