View Single Post
Old 2013-11-01, 10:27am

difficult to keep things from reducing actually. I can get things like striking color to strike but never with vibrant colors always muted and raku like. The reduction colors tend to go to browns and yellows much too rapidly.

The single center cone is supposed to remain orange right even in oxidizing/neutral flame? assume so but I havent seen a video or anyone else's alpha.

Also, its worth mentioning that this torch doesn't throw off a lot of ambient heat. I can work with my fingers literally millimeters from the torch flame. This is both awesome and challenging. Small sweet spots for stringer control but can do really fine placement of heat when it is needed in a certain spot. This is not a wide bushy flame even when opened up a bit. So if you are making multiple disc beads on the same mandrel for instance, I start to have real problems maintaining base heat once I get past about 3/4"-1" wide.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LE members enjoy a 10% discount with coupon code "LEmember"

Last edited by smpalmer85; 2013-11-01 at 10:35am.