View Single Post
Old 2007-07-01, 10:21am

I used to love making these types of beads! All you need to know are the “spreading” colors! Effetre Purple was my favorite. You can put an EDP dot down first and then add other coordinating colors on top like copper green opal yellow, etc. or you can put an dot EDP on top to spread the colors out. There are other “spreaders” too besides EDP. Some other spreaders are Lauscha opaque purple, Lauscha opaque olive green, Effetre opaque mosaic green, and possibly others that I’m not thinking of right now. Also, many (maybe even most!) of the furnace glasses are spreaders and you can often buy them as lampworking cane and then pull them out into stringer and use just a dot or so on your coe 104 beads. The possibilities are endless when you combine the two.

I just love playing around with this type of effect. Here are some basic combinations I used (all Effetre). The picture is too big to post here, so here’s a link to it: http://users.zoominternet.net/~beadg...ce_effects.jpg

Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.