View Single Post
Old 2017-08-06, 11:04pm

Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorkasp View Post
I started with a GTT cricket on a 5lpm concentrator. I added a Smith mini torch with a T splitter on the same propane tank and the same concentrator. Works just fine. In my case, I attached the splitter right at the tank and the concentrator, with then two hoses attached at each: one for the mini torch, one for the large torch. I can open and close the flow to each hose.

With the mini torch you can get the heat to melt glass (including borosilicate), but you can only 'spot heat'. It would be very hard to get a whole bead evenly hot with the mini torch. Also, because it is a handheld torch, you wound need to put it in a stand to be able to have both your hands that you need to hold the mandrel and your glass rod.
Thank you so much!
I will buy the used minor torch and will buy new Smith little torch with magnetic support.

This is really helpful Floorkasp! I really appreciate it.

I am a beginner so I have no idea what tools I need to buy. I'd like to buy EX-5 OXYGEN CONCENTRATOR(5 LPM) it's about $300. would it be fine? which one are you using? If I can see the work set up, it would be really great to understand how to set up.

Thank you!