View Single Post
Old 2015-05-18, 8:36am
Phill

The funnel will need to have more air flow than a fume hood set up (I think).

But you could always split the difference between them and make a larger funnel like form with the foil covered foam that some have used to make a barley box with.

I have been up all night and my brain is not functing so you will have to tell me what "corner VS strait workspace" means.
I am sure I will have a V8 moment once you tell me but for now I am without a clue.

As to the oxycons, "shop till you drop" is my only advice.
If you work with chemicals then you may be handy as well and overhauling an oxycon is not outrageously difficult to do.

Because they start out as medical units the new ones can be spendy but also because they are medical units, no one is allowed to resell them for medicinal use unless they are licensed. So getting one from the family of someone that used it in the last years of their life is pretty inexpensive, especially if you can point out to them that they will never be able to resell it for what they cost new.
I have seen them for $100 each (5lpm units) and three of them together should get your addiction to molten glass started.

Oxygen tanks can be had in the smaller sizes too so if lugging a propane tank works you could probably lug what they call a "forty" as easily.

And there is always the possibility of finding a 'HomeFil II Oxygen compressor' from the same sources as the oxycons. Then you would only need a tank and a connection kit called a 'whip'. I picked up an oxycon and a home fill pair for $600 last year.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2015-05-18 at 8:38am.