Thread: See me glow
View Single Post
Old 2014-12-06, 1:04pm

I found having DSLR really helped my pictures. I photo glowing items basically the same way as other items. I have the camera on a tripod. I have the camera set for manual focus and manual aperture set at the smallest opening and have the camera set the exposure time. The shutter is on time delay to remove any shake.
The difference is that I expose the item to strong light before the shot and turn off all lights for a completely dark room.
The exposure time is extremely long. I generally have to cut back the exposure setting because the picture has the item glowing much stronger than reality. I need to balance flattering with reality.

I tried using a black light bulb in the process and got weird results. Maybe a fluorescent black light would get different results.

This may not give you expert results but it works for me. I did not go into this hobby to be a professional photographer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.