View Single Post
Old 2009-07-13, 8:44am
Cute and bitey

Funny that I should see this thread just as I'm looking at the blister on my index finger from grabbing a hot mandrel that was starting to fall out of the kiln last night. Next recent - I have a nice white scar on my knuckle from grabbing a short double-pronged button mandrel with pliers for someone to transport to the kiln. I didn't grip the pliers tight enough and the mandrel slipped and the button sizzled my knuckle down to the cartiledge. That one didn't hurt until it started healing - about 6 weeks worth.

I've had plenty of burns. When I was about 11 mos old and learning to stand, I stood up and put my hands against the glass window of the oven. This is before they were insulated. I didn't react immediately, so by the time I cried out I had burnt the palms of both hands and my mom had to take me to the hospital and had to deal with a police officer and social worker pummeling her with child abuse questions. They didn't think I'd have finger prints, but it all grew back normally. Just think - I could have been a spy!