View Single Post
Old 2013-03-21, 2:16pm
Dani

I am going to stop trolling and here seemed a good place to start.

I have had several minor burns, touched the torch head when it was still hot, shocky glass, one time I knew glass had flown around but could not find any that might do damage, I smelled something so I kept looking, still no luck so I went back to torching. When I finished up, turned everything off and went upstairs, went into the restroom to take my hairband off and found where that glass had gone, a big bunch of hair fell on the floor! ( now I anneal all my shocky rods, just throw a bunch in the bottom of my kiln when I start working) Since then I have also put that metal mesh Chinese handcuff like stuff on the hoses near my torch (I don't know what it is called) if you watch the video a Corning w/Kristina Logan, I think you can see it if you keep an eye on the torch close ups. I think that stuff is a wonderful safety addition.

I have burned myself worse on curling irons and glue guns
All of my life I have been searching for that thing that I cannot stand not to do, something that pulls me to it daily.Naturally when I finally find that thing that does indeed draw me to it (like a moth to a flame) It would of course have to involve explosive & toxic materials, fire and hot molten glass
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.