Thread: Need advice.
View Single Post
Old 2020-04-20, 11:15am
Phill

Question; Did you keep the hard drive from the old machine?

If so there is a very good possibility that your old program is still on it and you just need a geek/nerd to bring it back to life for you.

This is, of course, a great lesson in backing up your computer hard disk once a month / 6 months / every year so you can get this stuff back with the smallest amount of loss as possible.

Any time you put in enough effort to say to your self " I hope nothing happens to ruin all that work I have done ", that is when you should back up everything on your computer.

And even if the hard drive does finally die on you there are lots of companies that can take it apart and get the information out of it and give it back to you, for a nominal fee of course.

Those costs are usually when it is priceless pictures and videos of family that you are trying to resurrect.

My Windows 8.1 machine just died on me in February but I put the old hard drive into my new computer and got all my old files and programs back in a snap.

As for getting those old programs to work on the new machine that is going to take me a while to geek out the details and if I can't figure it out then I will take the whole mess up to Best Buy and let their geek squad try to bring them back to life.

Hugs.

I know it sucks dirty brown swamp water for this to happen to you.