View Single Post
Old 2015-05-21, 10:37am
Does my glass look 2 big?

Thank you so very much! Lots to process and give a go! Before anything I would like to say I am so thankful and impressed as to how generous you all are with your knowledge and how you share it with a stranger... no questions asked, you guys rock!

Yes, Haylay.. I am back! Missed you! I am using your annealing schedule that you generously provided, so I think I like your idea, seems like once I'm done it would take a couple of hours to turn off, right?

My beads are about 3/4" to 1 1/4" sometimes a little chunkier. I don't make sets because I am simply incapable of making two beads alike. I have a brick kiln Jen-Ken Af3P with a bead door and a Paragon Bluebird XL, which I have run 3 times tops...(what was I thinking?!)

Truth be told, I am recently remarried and DH is worried about the electric bill and risk. I can torch just two days a week for a couple of hours since I am working a full-time office job. (I know, kill me now). Anywhoo, It would have to run it always at night while sleeping; this has never bothered me but my DH is a bit of a worry wart and I can see him lying in bed wondering all night if the shop is going to burn down. I think it's funny, he doesn't!

Flameonglass, that is exactly what I would like to do, make beads, garage, and then turn off to anneal on the weekend!

I should post my schedule and see what you guys think I can do and where I can adjust.

Thank you all again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.