View Single Post
Old 2018-07-02, 10:26am
Lover of all things color

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsknow4445 View Post
Being new to lampworking - I look around a lot for tips, tutorials, just general knowledge and inspiration. I find some of the most beautiful beads - crazy talented artists - just makes me drool, my head spins around and my eyes bug out.

The more I dig though, the more I get the feeling that I missed "IT" or most of "IT" - so many tutorials I have call for glass that doesns't exist anymore - links that I find for beadmakers are no longer live. I have been a lampwork lover and collector for many years so I'm not new to the art, just really surprised to discover that it seems be fading away or at least not near what it once was? Just wondering what you veterans have to say? Are there any new good ole days ahead?

June

June, I think the "good ole days" started to die in 2008 with the crash of the housing market. Bead sellers found that people just weren't buying beads. Expendable income disappeared and with it sales. Jewelry makers had to be conservative and the trickle down affect was that we all had to tighten out belts.

Now, there are probably many other reasons, either associated with above or not. For me, personal life just got in the way. I haven't been down to torch in two years. I got two new puppies and lost my husband so between those three things I just haven't gotten back to the torch, even just for the enjoyment of it.

I'm sure there will be a whole new "good ole days" you just have to be willing to engage and make it happen.

Jan ( a very old timer)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con