Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-17, 1:09pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
I have to disagree. I paid nearly $30/lb for some Effetre Pink & Sage that pissed me off beyond belief. Fat uneven rods with bubbles running the entire length that no amount of annealing could fix. Had I paid $5/lb, my anger would have been less. And how much does Diamond Clear cost per lb? How many threads are going on about problems with it? Lauscha?

All glass brands have their issues. You learn what they are through trial and error and information sharing and then you work with it (or you don't). Devardi has some quality control problems but they're a new company and that's to be expected. They're improving. What's the excuse of the companies that have been in business for decades and still put out batches of crap glass? There is none because there will never be a "perfect" line of glass. There will always be some sort of problem, be it compatibility, bubbles, color inconsistency or whatever. At least with Devardi, you're not paying a premium price and still having those issues...
BE doesn't

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.