View Single Post
Old 2013-03-22, 10:34am
Ezzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
Some tutorials have been well worth their cost (more in some cases!), and I constantly will refer back to them, for ideas or inspiration. Others have really disappointed me, and I feel like I wasted money.
This is a really good thread, I've looked at it periodically over the last year or so. Jenne's comment particularly strikes me. I really try to be ethical where things like e-books are concerned. I read opinions from people who write e-books regarding the sharing of proprietary information and I think there are a lot of valid points. I appreciate the comments of many of the e-book authors here, and respect their opinions as well as their skills. I've seen other threads where I've been left with a bad taste in my mouth - most e-book consumers are a bunch of theivin' scoundrels with the intent of buying one and sharing with everyone.

Which leads to the real comment I want to make since we are talking about ethics. If you happen to be an e-book writer, I'd at least appreciate it if you showed me how to make THE BEAD ON THE COVER OF YOUR BOOK - the full recipe. Chances are I know the technique, or a similar one, and I just spent 25 hard earned ones to see your recipe, probably as a jumping off point.

It sucks when you show me that beautiful popilicious bead on the cover of your book and then you give me a recipe with ivory, a piece of silver glass, and clear. If this sounds familiar and you think I'm talking about you, I probably am. Ethics go BOTH ways! Ya know, just sayin'.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Last edited by PixieFireBeads; 2013-03-22 at 10:36am. Reason: I can speil but I can't spell...