View Single Post
Old 2014-06-03, 10:24am

Default Getting reducing effects I don't want...

So lately more and more frequently I have been getting reducing effects when they aren't wanted. I think my oxygen concentrator might be crapping out. It feels like I am turning the propane down more and more to avoid the unwanted reduction. My flame doesn't LOOK like a reducing flame when I'm getting these effects, not really. So I don't know what's going on. Wondering if I'm getting lower oxygen percentage or pressure. The machine says it's giving between 4-5lpm but who knows?

The problems I am having with glass are things like... my lead clears are getting a reduction film on them and looking dirty... my corals are looking really yucky... and I'm getting reduction with some of my frits when I don't want it.

I haven't done any servicing on my oxygen concentrator and I've had this thing for years and years. It only does up to 5lpm and I'm on a nortel minor. I have a second concentrator that I'm not using right now because it started having some issues (alarm going off, overheating I think, just would stop working, it worked sporadically and I finally gave up on it - it was a 5lpm unit as well). I just don't know how to fix either of these concentrators and now I'm starting to get really frustrated because I don't even know how to clean the filters.

I am even getting very tempted to buy a new oxycon that has higher output but I think if I could do a bit of troubleshooting with one or two of the 5 lpm concentrators (which I used to use together and I really liked that)... well maybe then I wouldn't have to buy a new one.

Advice?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.