View Single Post
Old 2011-12-07, 10:56pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonP View Post
Angie, I love your pins!

I make mine on silver wire because I wanted them to be instant earrings and charm dangles on silver bracelets and decorative beards for the Chinese Dragon beads. I started out doing copper, but when galleries got involved they asked for silver.

I'd never tried making the beads directly on the wire, just never thought of it! I think my mind always comes up first with the least convenient way to do something.

The headpins do make cool 1-piece earrings... just bend the silver into earwire shape, burr or file the end to make it smooth, and bingo! Instant earring!

*sha(what'sthatbubblingsoundIhear?)ron*

IME it's way harder to get good complex shapes or designs when you make them directly on the wire, because the wire wants to melt, is floppy, or isn't quite straight. I love just simple drops on the end of a wire too, but your way allows for much greater complexity and symmetry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.