View Single Post
Old 2020-04-07, 5:56pm

Default Used invacare platinum 10 oxygen concentrator. Longevity? Rebuildable?

Hello, im new to lampworking and i bid (and won / paid for) used oxygen concentrator. Being new and dumb i didnt think to look at the hours, which are at12380.

Looking around i see some saying they last to 25000 on average and some saying they crap out around 15000.

The ebay seller says it works fine, and i have no reason to believe they are intentionally trying to screw me. They are an established seller with a great approval rating. But it is not listed as rebuilt or refurbished, just used and in working condition. Im picking it up tomorrow.

So my 2 questions are 1. Realistically, how long do these last on average? And 2. If it does kick the bucket on me, is there anywhere i can send it to be rebuilt (or swap it out for a refurbed one, with a core discount for sending mine in) or is it just better to buy a rebuilt one for 1200 or so and pitch my current one when it dies.

I do have a 330 cubic foot tank (T tank) of oxygen as well, so it isnt my only source of oxygen. I just hope to get enough hours out of this thing to at least let it pay itself off in oxy refills. I also got if for portability. Lugging a concentrator up north on long weekends is much easier than lugging up a 140 pound tank of oxygen.

Thanks!