View Single Post
Old 2020-04-10, 6:20pm
Phill

Hmm.

Maybe a rewind / motor repair shop could test that capacitor I mentioned but getting a new cap and stuffing it in there is the next cheapest thing even without testing the old one.

Other wise I am guessing it got dumped because it too much trouble to get it looked at.

I don't know how much it ran you but it probably won't justify the cost of getting it diagnosed and fixed.
The places that work on them are certified for medical devices and that adds a premium on top of the fact that they deal with insurance companies that have very deep pockets.

You could try to get another one of the same model and keep this for parts.

But these things really are pretty simple;
There is an air compressor that feeds the sieve beds and a system of controllers and valves and testing units that switch one bed out and the other one in.

Having a good output for a while indicates that the beds should be working properly.

The symptoms you describe are classic of an over heating motor.

Have you got a IR temp reader you can point at the motor or even the components on the circuit boards?

If it isn't a capacitor it might be a bearing over heating.

As for the bio filter; you could just wrap the tubing ends together with duct tape in its place long enough to run a test.

Last edited by Speedslug; 2020-04-10 at 6:26pm.