View Single Post
Old 2009-06-16, 1:10am
namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacwind View Post
Hi, This looks great. However I have a question..what type of camera are you recommending? I have a sony cybershot. Is this good enough for your tutorial's instructions? Or do I need a differant camera?
Thanks, Mimi
Hi Mimi,

Kevan recommends any camera with at least 5 megapixels of resolution and interchangeable lenses. However, depending on what you want to do you could get by with a lot less. If most of what you do is take pictures of beads and jewelry for the internet then almost any camera will do fine. Try and find one that focuses up close (has a macro setting).

Ideally, you want a camera that gives you the ability to adjust things--like the aperture and shutter speeds. This gives you the ability to adjust your 'depth of field' (the area from near to far away that is in focus).

Kevan uses both a Nikon D-50 and D-90. Lots of pros Nikon and Canon.
Our tutorial is designed to be used with almost any camera, but you need to have some version of Adobe Photoshop to do the step-by-step exercises.
Remember, the tut is about how KEVAN does pictures. It's not a general guide to how to take pictures. It shows you her tricks to getting good results.

I hope that helps!

Antonio

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.