View Single Post
Old 2016-04-02, 4:47pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Here's the latest addition to the studio! DD is helping her husband's Nana downsize from a large house to an apartment. Her kids and grandkids have taken everything they want from the things she's not moving, and they're trying to find homes for the rest of it.

I got a call asking if I wanted a library card cabinet. We have one, it's fairly small, 2 rows of drawers about 12" deep; I assumed the one I was being offered was similar, and planned to put it in my workroom to hold jewelry tools.

We went over to pick it up, DD takes me down to the basement to look at it... it's almost 5' tall!

It's got 33 TWENTY INCH DRAWERS and 2 slots where the drawers are missing. There's an open slot in the bottom of each drawer, for the card file hardware, which DSIL's Grampa lined with a mix of scrap plywood, acrylic, and cardboard.

DD says "That's going to the studio with glass in it, right? The drawers are long enough?" I told her no, there's nowhere in the studio to put it.

We started pulling out the drawers to make it easier to wrestle up the basement stairs... and look at the liner in the very first drawer I opened. I took that as an omen, and rearranged the studio to make room.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eregel; 2016-04-02 at 6:54pm.