View Single Post
Old 2017-06-26, 5:27am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

No photos yet - I haven't unpacked my trailer - but I did these for the Old Songs traditional music festival this weekend, and did well with them. One woman bought ELEVEN bowls, I had to give up one of my banker's boxes to pack them for her!

The other cool thing I tried - I think it was also Trish's idea - that worked well:

I own a Cinch binder machine, and had a huge box of the binding wires and coils, picked up on clearance awhile back. I also have tons of paper that I was given when a friend who managed a print shop asked if I wanted any of the shelves upon shelves of "cut offs" - the parts trimmed off when they make something like pamphlets - or special order papers that they bought in bulk and didn't use all of.

I cut the album covers up, and made small, medium, and large notebook/journals out of them. Since the binder wires are made for scrapbooking, they're 12" long; I was using 9" lengths for the larger journals, which left a perfect 3" piece for small notebooks.

I ended up with very little scrap out of the whole process - I even used the liners as bags for single bowl purchases. And probably 75% of the folks who bought a bowl picked out other pieces as well once they were drawn into the booth.

The ONLY downside - the bowls are bulky. They don't nest really well, you need to have room to transport them.

https://www.amazon.com/We-Memory-Kee...s=cinch+binder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eregel; 2017-06-26 at 5:30am.