Thread: Bad Service
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-10, 6:31pm
Furball

Default Bad Service

Don't know exactly where to put this, but I need to share.
I wanted to share this with anyone who has ever bought from Art Glass House in Cocoa, FL. We went in there today for the first time. Me, looking for boro. My husband, fusible glass. We make jewelry and small tiles that fit in our 13 inch round kiln. All of their fusible glass is listed online in many sizes, but all they had was huge 30 X 46 pieces. When I asked about these smaller sizes, the guy working said he would cut them for a fee, which, whatever, I'll pay. It would take me 10 years to use a sheet that big. The guy then started getting very rude with us, saying "I can tell you are bargain bin people. Here's some scrap that's cheap. Don't look at this dichro, it's expensive, don't look at this sheet, it's expensive," all in a very condescending attitude, calling my husband "boss," and being very rude to us. We planned on dropping around $500 in the store, but after that, just turned around and walked out. I have never been treated like this at a glass shop ever, and we visit them all over the country when we travel, which is a good 250 days a year. Don't give them your business. They are not nice people. They took one look at us and wrote us off.