View Single Post
Old 2009-01-04, 12:47pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadBlossoms View Post
Wow. I am truly stunned. I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding. As someone pointed out it's very difficult to judge the tone of someone's statements in print...Instead, it has taken my excitement and joy of lampworking away. I am just going to melt glass and learn on my own. I will no longer post or probably even lurk much anymore. I thought this list would be fun, but it most definitely is not...I can't even describe how devestated I feel after reading all of the posts after mine - I'm depressed, physically ill, and I am crying as I write. I'm very sorry I took it the wrong way, and sorry you felt I deserved the replying posts.
Donna!!!

Please don't go!!! I, too, have felt the horrible and painful crush of being lambasted and flogged when I was newer here...so full of excitement and creative energy - and when my unbridled enthusiasm put me in a similar position, I almost quit lampwork all together out of sheer fear!

I am not one of the "popular" "well known" or long-time glass workers; after posting my devastation and my contrite apology, I was bolstered by a few of the "seasoned vets" who wrote me privately to encourage me and support me - and I've slowly found my way back to confidence. I hope, too, that you will find the "good" in the greater percentage of LE members who are genuinely here to learn, teach and share.

When "emotion" gets injected into these type of (potentially) volatile threads, there are often hurt feelings and misunderstandings on both sides. Give it some time and know that some of us are here in the purest sense and I for one will look forward to helping, guiding and advising you any way I can in the future. If there are ever any questions or glass advice you have - now or any time -please don't hesitate to PM me and I'll do all I can to help and encourage you!

Hugs,
De in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro